Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 05-19-2019, 03:21 PM   #1
Vegas Street Rider

Question Trouble finding parts

I just ordered a front fork seal kit for my 2009 GZ as the left one started leaking recently. I was able to order all the parts I needed except for the Bush, Guide (#5 in the schematic) which is part #51152C12F00J000. I searched all the sites for parts for both OEM and aftermarket parts and have had no luck. Anyone have any suggestions where I might find them.

I find it odd that that item is available for some of the older GZs but not that year.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-19-2019, 08:32 PM   #2
blaine

I think all years are the same......If I'm wrong someone correct me???

Old 05-19-2019, 08:53 PM   #3
Vegas Street Rider

I thought so too but it shows it as not available for that year. I will have to check with a Suzuki dealership and see what they say.

Old 05-20-2019, 04:46 PM   #4
Vegas Street Rider

I ordered the guide bushing for a 2006 GZ today and hope it fits. I will update when I tear things apart and let you know if it fits.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:02 PM   #5
Vegas Street Rider

Update on replacing the front fork seals. I got everything taken off of the front forks and drained the old oil out. My problem is I can't get the damper rod bolts out of the bottom of the forks. I made sure to do a "quick flick" with my ratchet to break them loose but they just ended up turning the whole damper rod inside the tube. I also tried the broomstick in the tube to hold the damper rod while I tried to break the bolt loose, but no luck.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Worst case scenario, I will take the forks in to the motorcycle shop and have them break them loose for me. It shouldn't take much shop time, but I still hate spending the extra cash.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:42 PM   #6
wacio

My question is - why are you trying to replace them? Damaged? If leaking - seals are the only thing needing replacement. See - parts not wearing typically, are not often replaced - that is why they are not easily available.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:44 AM   #7
Vegas Street Rider

Call me anal, I guess. I figured while I had the assembly apart to replace the seals, I would replace those as well. In either case, I have to pull the damper rod out to get the inner fork tube out to replace the seals.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:01 PM   #8
Vegas Street Rider

Update on my front fork seal replacement project. I ended up having to take my front forks into my Suzuki Service Ctr. to have them break the damper rod bolts loose so that I could separate the inner and outer fork tubes to replace the seals. The good news is they did it free gratis. Once I got them taken apart, the rest of the job was pretty easy.

Just an FYI. I not only used the Suzuki service manual for guidance, but I also watched a very helpful U-tube video done by Delboy Garage. It not only showed you how to do the job but gave helpful hints on how to build your own tool to seat the guide bushing and fork seal using poly sink drain pipe ("1 1/2"). It worked like a charm vs. the tool that runs around $50. I figure I saved $250 in shop labor.