Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 08-27-2007, 09:18 PM   #41
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidc83
ok, my bad,
Not cove key,
I spent a couple of nights at Cedar Key.

I left Tallahassee, went to Live Oak, spent a night in Live Oak; ran around there and over to Lake City. Looked at property in both areas, went down to Gainesville, Williston, and Morristown (sp?), looked at property then scooted over to Cedar Key. Loved it there. Didnt make it to Jacksonville.

I rode a total of 2583 miles on my little gz250. 300+ miles at Interstate speed. I cleaned it up yesterday, with a wash and wax, chain clean and lube (while in Live Oak, bought some Lithium Grease-good stuff but messy). I have to order me a set of tires. The back tire is bald down the middle (no line at all now Bob) and the front only has a couple hundred of miles left on it.

Wife is mad at me: rode about 100 miles yesterday with my neighbor :-)

The bear skin (actually a sheepshin cover off of my endurance horse saddle-actually made for an English saddle) did great until my 550 mile ride from Cedar Key (not Cove key- hey I was tired) to Huntsville. Did that in 3 stops and my rear got sore and I got dehydrated. I rode the other 300 miles home the next day.

I was very tired when I got home on Thursday but the wife had no pity. I had to work on the horse fence on Friday, digging and installing about a dozen new fence post and yesterday evening I had to sand the front deck. Honey-dos, honey-dos, they never end.

Some day this week I will post my gas mileage for the entire trip. I will say this, my gas mileage from the south of Georgia (Bob, the place we stopped and filled up below the knat line) and in Florida sucked. Worst gas mileage I have ever gotten; must be some kind of blend difference.

Later guys.
OK Cedar Key computes.

Odd that your front tire is wearing so fast my front tire has 18000 miles on it and still has good tread. I expect it will be gone buy the end of the year. I'm sure glad that rear tire got you home OK.

One of my tanks of gas in that same area was in the low 50s. Mbe we got some gnats in the tank. I think I still have one in my ear. That was the craziest thing. As many of thos damn things as there were you would have thought my windshield would be plastered with them. There were hardly any on the bike when I got home.

That was some hard riding in some very hot weather. You should have stopped if for nothing else than to chug down a bottle of water. When its hot I carry watter and gator aid so I can drink it warm. It gets adsorbed faster and you can drink it with out inducing a migraine.

I really enjoyed our ride down together. I hope we can do it again some time.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-28-2007, 07:07 AM   #42
davidc83

Bob,
If we buy land in Florida (wife is planning on driving down this weekend and looking over land in Lake City, we will then move down there in a year or two. We will definately ride together again (along with your wife). I loved riding thru those wild life areas down there (quiet, no cars, beautiful scenery) and maybe we can ride thru those areas someday. later
Old 08-28-2007, 08:06 PM   #43
Badbob

Looking forward to it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads