Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 04-17-2009, 04:45 PM   #91
prof_stack

Re: TU 250

Sales manager Mike told me that there are not yet any accessories for the TU250x.

I guess a cargo net over your "stuff" on the back seat will have to do for now.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #92
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedad
Hmm...where to hang the saddlebags?
Remove the passenger seat and put on a milk crate ??
Dirt bikes don't need bags !! :roll: :biggrin:

An excellent point; looks to be a real PITA.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:57 PM   #93

[/quote]I rode a buddy's Royal Enfield recently, and would love one. The only problem, it's too much of a niche bike. It's bigger than the GZ, displacement wise, but too small for me to consider as a step up from the GZ. It'd be a great seconds bike to play with, if one has the 6 Grand to spend on a 'Second bike".[/quote]

Does anyone else have an opinion about this bike? It's quite a coincidence that this post came up, as I've been looking at these (there is a dealer in the town where I work). Not in the position to do anything about it yet, but toying around with the notion of "moving up" a bit (though I had the mid-size 600 - 800cc in mind). Does the bigger displacement of these really give you much more power? The mpg is supposed to be even better than the GZ, but maybe those claims are exaggerated.

Thanks,

Keith

Old 04-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #94
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkindred
Does anyone else have an opinion about this bike?
Unique. From the picture, it looks to have a REALLY short wheel base; almost no rake in front and the rear tucked in right under your......seat! Now that might be OK but I'd certainly not buy one without a good LONG test ride. I can't help but thing it would ride and handle "funny". I'm sure you would notice a substantial difference in power.

The Suzuki S40 (650 cc) is a good step up from the GZ, as is the S50 if you want something a bit bigger yet. Lots of other choices too; I'm partial to the Honda VTX 600 Shadow right now. :biggrin:
Old 04-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #95
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Back on topic, I'm curious why they didn't mount the rear turn signals on the fender where the red reflectors are right now. That wouldn't change the look to the extreme but would allow accessories like saddlebags and supports to be installed easily.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #96
adrianinflorida

to me, the Royal Enfield felt "Punchier", it really brought out the feel I'd expect in a thumper. It didn't "feel" faster, the upright seating position and old school ergonomics made it feel a bit sedate, to me. the bike handled real predictably for me, no surprises, point and shoot where you want to put it, and it goes, a good predictable bike. I took it out on US1 (6 lane, divided highway, not a freeway) and It felt about equivilent to the GZ, i.e. not something I'd want to drive long distance on high speed expressways. It's geared a bit differently from the GZ, and you really feel the buzziness/thuming towards the end of the gearing range/power band.

The build quality is great, there is a very minor bit of roughness to the paintwork on the frame, from what I've read and people I talked to, that's more intentional than anything to keep the old school aestetic that it has. No rattles or feeling that the thing is a third world bike (Nor in the price). It would be a good replacement for the GZ250 if you don't want to move "up" to a more powerful or upmarket bike, but simply wanted another bike that was good in fuel economy and for commuting around town.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:16 PM   #97
adrianinflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
Back on topic, I'm curious why they didn't mount the rear turn signals on the fender where the red reflectors are right now. That wouldn't change the look to the extreme but would allow accessories like saddlebags and supports to be installed easily.
I wondered that as well. The wiring wouldn't be any more difficult, the turn signal harness could run along with the combo light harness.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #98
dannylightning

looks like a cheep version of a triumph, or a Vincent black lightning or black shadow. i dont really like it but i would love to get my hands on a old vincent.

[youtube:kw30knuo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7bXBOfgvJ4[/youtube:kw30knuo]