Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 10-01-2008, 11:30 PM   #11
music man

Re: TU 250

I don't know how reliable it is, but I read it on more than one website, that the TU250 is gonna be $3,499.00.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-02-2008, 05:09 AM   #12
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Looks like what other 250 on the market?? I haven't seen any U.S. model 250 running around that look retro like that one does. But I will agree I think it would be a shame for the GZ to disappear because of it.
It is very retro, but it does look to compete directly with the Nighthawk.

Anyone else notice that the specs are listed only in metric? All of the other US-released bikes have imperial gallons listed alongside the metric.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:08 AM   #13
mrlmd1

According to the specs, this bike weighs 149kg, that's 328lbs., 26 heavier than ours, has a 1/2 gallon smaller fuel tank, so what about the range and fuel mileage projections?
And now, it's either going to be more reliable with fuel injection, like "set it and forget it", or less with all the electronics, and impossible for us to work on if something acts up. And now we all have to learn a new technology to try and figure it out. Sometimes these are not really improvements, it either works or it's screwed, and has to go back to the dealer who hopefully has been trained adequately to fix it, ie, replace parts at great expense.
And, it only comes in red (color of mine, nice). so what are the rest of you guys going to do?

Old 10-02-2008, 08:17 AM   #14
Sarris

They've also raised the weight in the specs for the GZ to 150 KG (331 lbs) from 137 KG (302 lbs). I wonder what has changed? Maybe they added a catylitic converter and some emission controls??

:??:
Old 10-02-2008, 01:05 PM   #15
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

No offense, I loved my Gz as much as the next guy, but honestly, this TU250 is what the Gz should have been.

I say bring it on.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:25 PM   #16
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
No offense, I loved my Gz as much as the next guy, but honestly, this TU250 is what the Gz should have been.
Well you're gonna have to 'splain that one Lucy!

I think we probably can all agree with the new technology for the engine but, beyond that, what do you see in the rest of the TU that you consider better than the GZ design?

IMHO, I'd rather have something that LOOKS like a modern cruiser than something that looks like a '70s rice burner. :biggrin:

There are at least 2 other 250 bikes already on the market that pretty much fit that bill.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #17
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Well, in my humble opinion the '70s rice burner look is what makes it so much better. Also, of all the great things about the Gz, the one thing that kept coming back up was the lack of leg room. If this bike places the footpegs directly under the seat, then it will be relatively easy to fabricate hangers for different positions. This new bike will also allow more ground clearance.
Also, hopefully Suzuki chose a tire size that is supported by more than one tire maker.

The spec photo looks like they got rid of the TDCC thing too. Now it's just a good old fashioned single pipe.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #18
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal

Looks like they just put up the MSRP. Same price as the GZ.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #19
Water Warrior 2

Starting to feel like an unwanted stepchild here. Can't open the tu 250 link. Did a google seach and got 1997-1999 tu 250 models. Interesting retro looking things even for the late 90's. Looks like a 2 valve head and no fuel injection.
As for the added weight of new models the bike builders are now listing wet weight rather than dry weight with no fluids added. This is a better idea in my mind so people know what the bike going to weigh when they hit the road for a ride. This is particularily helpful to riders of BMWs and other tall touring/sport touring bikes.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #20
prof_stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
No offense, I loved my Gz as much as the next guy, but honestly, this TU250 is what the Gz should have been. I say bring it on.
+1

When I was between bikes, I was looking for something like the TU250. The GZ250 doesn't work for me with the pegs forward. I like how it looks, but the TU250 is what I would want to put some miles upon. Fuel injection, too. Finally....

A new Royal Enfield Electra almost roped me in until I got up close and personal. Oil leaking from the head, POOR metal finishing on the motor, POOR paint finishing, and oil on the seat (lousy setup I guess). Plus many glitches pop up all too often, according to posts on the CMW website.

I ended up with a killer deal on a NOS '07 Moto Guzzi Nevada, sort of a cruiser/standard mix, and really love the thing. 56mpg with more power than I need. But it sure has a nice pulse to it. I looked at the S40 Savage but all were sold at the dealer when the gas price hikes started.

Ultimately I will test ride the TU250 and possibly add it to the garage as the in-city vehicle of choice. Yeah, there's some old-school nostalgia working here, too.