Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 10-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #21
birdmove

Re: TU 250

Hello Prof. We seem to run into each other a lot. I like the TU250. I prefer it to the GZ.I prefer a classic roadster look to the "cruiser" style myself,but thats just me. So don't worry about Suzuki dropping the GZ. I don't think that will happen because most people like cruisers better than "standards". The TU uses the same engine as the GZ, just with fuel injection added to it.

jon

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #22
prof_stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmove
Hello Prof. We seem to run into each other a lot. I like the TU250. I prefer it to the GZ.I prefer a classic roadster look to the "cruiser" style myself,but thats just me. So don't worry about Suzuki dropping the GZ. I don't think that will happen because most people like cruisers better than "standards". The TU uses the same engine as the GZ, just with fuel injection added to it. jon
I'm a lot more interested in the TU than the GZ, which I have ridden. It'll be at the CW show in December here in Seattle. Maybe I can get a Dec 26 deal like you did on your Enfield.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:40 AM   #23
mrlmd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
As for the added weight of new models the bike builders are now listing wet weight rather than dry weight with no fluids added. This is a better idea in my mind so people know what the bike going to weigh when they hit the road for a ride. This is particularily helpful to riders of BMWs and other tall touring/sport touring bikes.
As gas weighs 6 lbs./gal this could explain the 20 lb. weight increase all by itself in the specs.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:00 PM   #24
rusty rider

That seat looks like it will be a whole hell of alot better on the backside. :2tup:

From the looks of the TU250, it reminds me of bikes in the 70's, but not the standard road bike, but more of the enduro bikes made by Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki. All it needs is some universal tires, and more ramped up travel above the back tire.

I personally would like the motorcycle manufacturers to start making 350's, 400's, and 500's again. I know that the bigger the better mentality has taken over in the motorcycle market, but with the economy and fuel prices headed in the crapper I think that there will be a return to that market.

Now for the retro look, come on easy don't you remember how cool we looked back then :biggrin:
Old 10-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #25
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty rider
Now for the retro look, come on easy don't you remember how cool we looked back then :biggrin:
My time line must be off a bit. I thought you would have been riding a big wheel in the '60's. :roll:

Trust me, a one piece banana seat is not ideal for long runs.

It looks a lot like the UJM's of the late '60s and early '70's, which I rode at the time and thought was really good.

And for whoever said the engines were the same.......what would it take to make you think they are different? So far we have: FI instead of carbs, different compression ratio, different valves, different exhaust, different cams, different heads.....that pretty much leaves the piston, rod and crank; they might be the same. :biggrin:

Old 10-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #26
music man

That seat on the Tu250 is not a one piece banana seat, unless my eyes deceive me. O_o
Old 10-03-2008, 07:48 PM   #27
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal

Easy, where did you see that the valves and cams are different? All I can tell is that its FI, has a single exhaust (does that imply that its only two valve now instead of 4 valve?), and a different compression ratio.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #28
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal
Easy, where did you see that the valves and cams are different? All I can tell is that its FI, has a single exhaust (does that imply that its only two valve now instead of 4 valve?), and a different compression ratio.
Some (wild) assumptions were involved. If the number of valves is different, the cams have to be different too. Unless the bore and stroke are different, then about the only way to change the compression is with different cams. With only one exhaust port, the heads have to be different.

Neither of us knows for sure exactly how the engine is built. I was kind of trying to illustrate that saying it is "the same engine" is probably not true, at least not to any large extent.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:07 PM   #29
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
That seat on the Tu250 is not a one piece banana seat, unless my eyes deceive me. O_o
Oops. I hate it when that happens.

The front seat looks to me pretty much the same as the GZ.
The passenger seat looks to be a bit bigger.

I certainly hope it is better. You would think after so MANY years, they could have come up with some improvement.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #30
prof_stack

I talked with a "cycle superstore" salesguy on the phone. He said the TU would be coming in a couple months.

Then he tried to talk me into a Yamaha WR250x instead. Bah! :skeptical: I should have told him I have a 750 Guzzi.

I do like the look of the single exhaust. Yeah there should be a whole bunch of improvement over the GZ motor.