Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 05-29-2007, 03:03 AM   #31
Dirt_McGert

The "popping" is fixed, hasn't done it since I adjusted the idle. Plan on doing some checks/maintenance pretty soon (check the valves, chain, etc)

- Is Quaker State 10w-40 "peak performance" alright to use? It's API "SL", and does NOT have energy conserving/friction modifiers in it. The clutch isn't slipping, so I assume everything is fine and dandy... I've noticed it shifts smoother and easier now with the fresh oil.

One of my buddies let me ride his 2000~ GSX-R 600 around the block a couple times today..... WHOA, HUUUUUGE difference in power and feel. I have no plans to buy a sports bike any time soon (I've always wanted to though, but know that starting out with something that fast can get me killed REAL quick), but eventually after I become confident with riding motorcycles, I may have to own one in a few years. Kind of uncomfortable though... after a few minutes, my hands were sore from leaning forward, but I suppose you get used to it. That's why I love the 250 though - small, light, relaxed feeling, and good for getting around town.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-29-2007, 06:59 AM   #32
davidc83

We just had a street racer killed yesterday on his new bike here in Louisville. New street racing bike, new rider (had his permit for one week), speed (police states witnesses state him and his 5 riding buddies were 'showing' off, and he hit a car head on. DOA at the scene. Be careful out there, especially riding bikes you are not familiar with riding.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:00 PM   #33
Dirt_McGert

Yep, that's exactly why I didn't buy a sports bike as my first motorcycle. I only took it around the block a couple times - only got it up to like 35ish, even though it took about a second hahaha.

Login or Register to Remove Ads