Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 07-31-2007, 06:26 AM   #1
Badbob

250cc Meet In Franklin GA

Quote:
Folks I have received enough responses to make this a re ALity!!! The dates will be Aug 17-19 with the ride being on the Aug 18. Here are the ride details: We will have breakfast in Franklin at the village Inn, visit the Custom cycle shop, and head out some back roads to Wedowee AL. From Wedowee we will hit hwy 48 to Lineville AL. In Lineville we will get on hwy 49 and ride it up to hwy 281 which takes us to the highest point in Bama which is Cheaha Mountain. After we tour the roads on the mountain we will return to 281 and head north toward Heflin AL. Near Heflin we pick up 78 for a short while and turn onto hwy 9 to Centre AL and Cedar Bluff AL. At Cedar Bluff we stay on Hwy 9 to Gaylesville. From Gaylesville we take hwy 35 to hwy 15 and ride around the rim of the Little River Canyon. It is approximately 15 miles around the canyon and somewhere in those 15 miles we will turn down into the canyon and check out the River. There will be rest stops and refreshment stops Along the whole route. This is Approximately a 165 mile round trip ride. If this is too short we could ride on up to Desoto Falls which tacks on another 20-25 miles. If it is too far I know a shorter way home. On the way back we will stop at Butner's mill for a seafood feast. It is 16.00 per head or you can order off the menu (steaks ,chicken ,hamburger etc).

Here are some places to stay :

Regency Lodge $45 dollars per night. Each room has two queen size beds, a microwave, and refrigerator. On hwy 27 in Franklin GA. They do not accept credit cards but the will accept reservations. Be sure to tell them you are here for there for the Rally. Ph: 706-675-0427.

Campers : Brush Creek(located on the Chattahoochee River) Rate $16.00 per night NO sewer hook up but does have a dump station It does have water and electricity.

Jerry
I have Jerry's contact info if you have questions. Please PM me if you want it.

I'm planning to go work permitting as is one other GZ rider I know of. It would be very nice to have a bunch of GZ250s show up for this and not leave us surrounded by Honda Rebels. I'm some what familiar with this area and expect it to be a very nice ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-31-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

I'd love to go, I just need to finish my tiny bore kit to reduce the displacement of my GZ to 25cc ... :lol:

Seriously though, I probably won't be able to be a part of that group but it sounds like a lot of fun.

Take care,
Jonathan
Old 07-31-2007, 09:01 AM   #3
davidc83

I am planning on going. Route, hotels, vacation days. Franklin, here I come; riding my gz from Indiana to Southwestern Ga. Yippee. hope to meet badbob there, that way the little gz will not be lonesome.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:19 PM   #4
Badbob

OK Johnathan I fixed the subject line. Can't type. Got nerve damage. If the spell checker don't see it ...............
Old 07-31-2007, 12:21 PM   #5
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidc83
I am planning on going. Route, hotels, vacation days. Franklin, here I come; riding my gz from Indiana to Southwestern Ga. Yippee. hope to meet badbob there, that way the little gz will not be lonesome.
Right now the only thing that will stop me is weather and work. Hopefully nothing will break. See you there.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:26 PM   #6
Badbob

Another GZ Rider

I know of one more rider that is planning to come. So there could be three of us.

There are several members hear that are with in easy riding distance of Franklin so there could be more.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:38 PM   #7
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

I just spoke with my buddy Mau. Assuming the wives say "yes", we are actually thinking about going. We're not 100% decided yet, so we'll see. It might be kind of nice to show the twin cylinder, underacheiving rebels what singles are all about. :cool:

Mauricio was the guy selling his GZ in the FOR SALE section. Looks like he might be keeping it afterall.

We'll let you know,
Jonathan
Old 07-31-2007, 04:29 PM   #8
Badbob

I don't think there has ever been more than a couple of GZ250 riders show up for one of these. This could be a new record.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:25 AM   #9
Gadzooks Mike

I'll be there. Am going to try to get a room at either Regency Lodge or Hilltop Inn. If you guys want some info, here are the numbers:

Regency Lodge (706) 675-0427
Hilltop Inn (706) 675-6621

There are also motels in Roanoke, AL and LaGrange, GA (both about 20 miles from Franklin) in case there are no more rooms to be had.

Would like more info on breakfast and the shop tour, though, just in case I need to drive up that morning.

Thanks, and looking forward to meeting you all!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:07 PM   #10
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Yeah. As much as I might enjoy meeting you guys, I don't really care about a shop tour. It might be best if we just get up early and ride down to meet the group.

To steal a line from Honda:

" I wanna ride, I wanna ride, I wanna ride."