Re: top box and side cases totaling 132 liters total

Three cheers! I admire your spirit and applaud your efforts sir! :2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-29-2008, 03:31 AM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzrider
I got tired of being told what I could do and couldnt do .When I was looking at the machine I knew it could be done, it just hadnt been done yet. I lived overseas, in Sri lanka, their goverment has a cap on the importation of motorcycles over 250 cc due to their energy policy,I saw entire families driving on a bike,the dad driving the mom on the rear seat, a kid on the tank a kid on the rear luggage rack. it told me the 250 was capable of much more that we give it credit in north america. they use it to haul stuff you wouldnt believe, they have lower speed limits though but still, i got fed up being told the GZ wasnt capable. The 93 Geo metro was pushed by 835 cc's,and thats a 4 seater auto. I know that 250 cc is powerfull enough to do more than what it gets credit for. I get tired of the less than important attitude the dealers give me when I deal with them, always telling me to move up in bike if I want more from it than what thay believe it will do. So I didnt take no for an answer, and made it work for me.
Bigger is not always better. The GZ will do almost anything you ask of it. I don't ask Lynda to follow me down the highway at 80 MPH on her bike. 60-65 MPH and she just sails down the road beautifully. That is where the GZ shines. Once was told by a sales fellow to get a 4 cylinder 1000 cc bike for the highway. Not in this lifetime my friend, don't want or need it. My 650 V-twin is almost overkill in my opinion.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:45 AM   #13
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

The salesman, a slightly overweight fellow who is trying to relive the days of his youth by selling motorcycles to the undereducated, saw the short statuered Canadian woman as she casually strolled through the doorway. He lept from his reclined office chair and muted the television, which was playing reurns on moto-cross races from 1988.

"Can I help you?" He asked.
"No thanks." Said the woman, "I'm just looking."
Again the salesman pressed, "what kind of bike are you looking for?"
"Just something that gets good gas mileage and is easy to maintain", she replied.
Instantly gripped by the thought of his high comission and trying to boost slowing sales in the area, the sales begins to spew...

"Well, if you're going to be on the inerstate at all, I would suggest at least a 4 cylinder, 1000cc bike. Anything smaller and you'll get run over by big trucks, smashed into little bits by SUVs, turned into a sad motorcycle statistic and you'll overall just look like a retard. Not to mention, rainbow stickers will flock to your helmet like the salmon of stopuano, and the space time continum will split and bring an end to life as we know it."

Taken aback, the woman paused for a moment and returned, with a perplexed look on her face, "I was thinking of the GZ250."

"No way, Jose! You don't want that bike. What are you, some kind of mental whack job? The GZ250 was designed for 12 year old little girls. I suprised they didn't offer it in only pink. The top speed is like 8mph."

Starting to feel uncomfortable at the salesman's lack of grip with reality, the woman began slowly backing away from the man, towards the door.

The man continued, "If you buy this nice Hayabusa we have here, you'll instantly gain 4 inches on your woo-woo and hair will spontaneously grow out of your chest and women will call you by name."

FA-BIO! FA-BIO! FA-BIO!

The woman finally reached the door.
It took everything she had to avoid jingling the bell on her way out.
As she quietly sat down in the car beside her husband, who had spent the whole time playing Dungeons 'N Dragons on his PSP while drinking a glass of water, she saw the salesman, in a fit of luncay, dancing around the showroom floor in a Harley Davidson orange colored skullcap and half finger leather gloves. When he began dancing like a fairy and moonwalking, sweat glistening from his brow, she watched him inadvertantly knock over an entire row of shiny, $10,000 bikes like a haphazard game of dominoes. It was then that the man awoke from his testosterone-filled dream sequence. As he looked around, through the front glass he saw the woman and her husband pulling out of the parking lot. The only bike left standing on the showroom floor was a Gun-Metal gray, 2008, Suzuki GZ-250.

The man sat down in the floor and began suckin his thumb; his entire universe was collapsing.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:57 AM   #14
Water Warrior 2

Thanks for the chuckle Jonathan. I should also point out in the past that really honest salesfolk have persuaded me not to buy a bike that would have been a larger commission for them. These are the folks who ride and want to know what reasons you want to ride. They will give you their attention and help just to get the best bike for your purposes/needs/desires.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:36 AM   #15
alanmcorcoran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
"If you buy this nice Hayabusa we have here, you'll instantly gain 4 inches on your woo-woo and hair will spontaneously grow out of your chest and women will call you by name."
Only four inches?

I doubt the ladies would notice the diff...