A restaurant? 0 0%
A park? 0 0%
A parking lot? 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2010, 04:23 AM   #1
plskthompson1

Send a message via Yahoo to plskthompson1
TN Meet and Greet

I keep seeing posts for meet and greets every where but TN. What do you guys think about getting together for a day ride? It would have to be later in the summer, due to the fact that my bike is sitting in pieces on my back porch at the moment.
I'm thinking sometime in August, as that should give me enough time to get everything back in working order with my bike. :poke2:
I've had a suggestion for the first weekend in August, which would be Saturday the 7th and Sunday the 8th. If there are any issues with these days let me know, otherwise we'll try to plan for then.
I was looking at a central location and came across the famous Loveless cafe in Nashville. I was thinking that whoever is interested could meet there between 9 and 10 in the morning, have breakfast, and then take a meandering trip down the Natchez Trace Pkwy and either stop at the Merry Whether Lewis park on Hwy 20, or travel a little further and get off on Hwy 64 and travel over to David Crockett State park to end the day. From there every one could go their seperate ways and return home, get a hotel room and stay the night or camp in the park.
It's just an idea at the moment, and I'm open to suggestions if anyone is interested.

Here's a link to the Loveless Cafe, check it out.
http://www.lovelesscafe.com/index.html

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
Easy Rider

Re: TN Meet and Greet???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by plskthompson1
I was looking at a central location and came across the famous Loveless cafe in Nashville.
Excellent food. Been there several times. Only drawback IS.........it is almost too famous. On weekends, it is often PACKED FULL......from opening to closing. They have more parking now but I don't think the main resturant is any bigger so that might make the overall congestion worse.

Might be a good idea for someone close to make a test visit at the proposed day and time to see how busy it really is. Tough duty, I know !! :biggrin:

Another place I like in Nashville is Neely's BBQ.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Do it. Take pics and finger prints too. Put some faces to the names. And no, I can't attend. Lynda and I will be heading North to the Yukon, possibly Alaska about that time.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-30-2010, 01:18 AM   #4
plskthompson1

Send a message via Yahoo to plskthompson1

Ok, I've been advised that the Loveless Cafe is pretty well packed on Saturdays. SO, I need ideas from the ones that plan to attend as to where you would like to meet, be it a restaurant for a meal or somewhere like a park or parking lot to kick the ride off. I've pretty well set for August 7th. So mark your calendars and let me know what you think.