Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 01-28-2007, 07:09 PM   #1
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Little something i have been working on ....

Been on this project for about 7 hours in total now. Nice spot for me to showcase my bike and rides as well as friends, etc to have a spot to upload to. (registered users get their own album to manage).

http://www.dupo24.com/gallery

php/mysql based format. slight learning curve but once i got the hang of it, i think it turned out pretty nice.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
Bill

I would say that is a pretty cool "little something" you have been working on. I keep forgeting to pack a camera when I ride. I'm going to have to leave it in my tail bag.

So tell me about the stacked stone wall on the Unami. ???

Cheers!
Old 01-31-2007, 01:05 AM   #3
Dupo

You know what, i have absolutely no clue what it is. Its obviously been sitting for quite some time by all the growth and moss. It sets between the Unami and the run off they dug for floods (by hand!, crazy boy scouts lol). At first i thought it might have been a grill for when they built the dam for quick lunches, but its solid. I spent a good 15 mins trying to figure it out, walking around it etc. I finally just gave up. Guess i'll never know lol.

That Unami ride is pretty sweet. Its about 5 miles long and runs right against the creek through the BSA camp area. Tons of fishing spots for locals that i use to pull over and take the pics from. Not to mention the awesome sweeping and twisty turns through there. Added with the 100+ yr old chimneys in the woods where camping huts used to be. And the occasional abandoned shack along the way. Once you are out of the camp area you pick the road up again and it goes through residential rural area following the stream (one house has the stream as its backdrop with a wall of glacier rock, incredible back yard they have).

Getting to the starting point, i ride a VERY old road that takes me through some 150-200 yr old communities where some of the houses (and a tavern) still stand. Very cool

I submitted the Unami ride to www.motorcycleroads.us and it made it on! So if anyone is ever up this way, take it for a spin

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 01-31-2007, 01:36 PM   #4
Bill

I'll be watching for more posts and pictures about your rides to covered bridges. I like exploring old houses and seeing the different construction methods that were used. I even went so far as to build a house in the mountains in the old timberframe method. Unfortunately I had to sell it and the nice 5.5 acres it was sitting on. I'd like to see some of the old houses and tavern that you ride past in those old communities if you ever take any. It sounds like a great ride.

I'm going to have to learn how to take pictures and get them on the forum so I can share some of the scenery down here. My computer skills are limited and I'm lucky to just be able to post.

Cheers!
Old 01-31-2007, 02:29 PM   #5
Dupo

Well if you can get them on your computer you're ahead of the game. When you post, look under the reply box where you type your message. "Add image to post". Click that and browse on your computer where you have your picture stored. Thats it.

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 01-31-2007, 04:43 PM   #6
Bill

Wow! Thanks Dupo, that was pretty easy. I don't mean to highjack your post but I wanted to thank you for the help. So here is my ride - a Suzuki C50. I'll have to take a few pictures of the GZ250 to post now.

Cheers!

Old 01-31-2007, 09:20 PM   #7
Dupo

Wow, thats a pretty sweet bike you got there! :rawk:

If you have the URL to a photo on the net .... all you have to do is add the tags around the image url to link to an image inside your post (works for your sig too)

example would be

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook