Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 05-17-2017, 11:36 PM   #1
Water Warrior 2

I should know better.

I should know better than to watch car and motorcycle crashes on the tube. It is really blood curdling to see how idiots populate the roads. Most crashes involve speed, stupidity, not paying attention and driving/riding beyond your skill set among other things.

Now, as dumb as this may seem and why do I do it, it does have a positive effect other than entertainment. I get to learn from other's mistakes and misadventures without being part of the performance. I observe what others do that might lead to disaster and injury/death. I get to learn what not to do and also see many folks display their talents to avoid a worst case scenario that they are trying not to be part of when everything plays out to the end.

Why do I ride and drive when I could have a life altering experience? Simple answer is I can't hide at home forever and hope the place doesn't catch fire and crumble around me. Life is full of risks even at home so I might as well get out and enjoy life. Riding is sometimes very scary and dangerous but that has to be accepted to a point. We ride and accept a certain amount of risk and we all have our own level of acceptable risk. I am an ATGATT kind of rider. I have spent a good deal of cash and time gathering decent comfy gear that doesn't detract from the riding experience. On the other hand decent gear relieves me of the worry of a smallish mishap turning into a big one. There are acceptions of course and we do have a member here who suffered a lot from a fairly low speed get off but he did survive to ride again. IIRC it was BB and his agressor was a dog. The dog was not hurt but BB was to a great extent.

So here I sit hoping that everyone will always wear the best gear and practice their skills to maintain a good level of skill and enjoyment while out and about. So remember, if you have a get off or worse you don't get a Do Over to avoid the situation.

Ride Safe guys and gals.

Login or Register to Remove Ads