Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Beginners

Old 03-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
gtfoss1986

Thank

Thank you for the info guys, ya HD is way to much they do have a few Kawasaki's and Yamaha's and Suzuki's in the 600 to 800 range, thank you for the post on the throttle, you are correct I am by no means a crazy driver, I have 3 seasons of EVOC and 5 years of SMITH under my belt, it the other crazy divers you gotta watch for. I will look into this when I can test ride other bikes, I just feel that the 500and up bikes are to top heavy for me to really learn on. But doesn't mean I won't try them.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #2
grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoss1986 View Post
Thank you for the info guys, ya HD is way to much they do have a few Kawasaki's and Yamaha's and Suzuki's in the 600 to 800 range, thank you for the post on the throttle, you are correct I am by no means a crazy driver, I have 3 seasons of EVOC and 5 years of SMITH under my belt, it the other crazy divers you gotta watch for. I will look into this when I can test ride other bikes, I just feel that the 500and up bikes are to top heavy for me to really learn on. But doesn't mean I won't try them.
Try some bikes that have a low seat. my magna seat is only 28 inches from the ground (low center of gravity) and feels like my gz250 did. The Honda magna is 200 pounds more weight than the gz250 and I got used to that very quickly. most of the extra weight is because of the bigger motor. even when my tank is full it feels good and controllable. Like WW said try a few bikes out. Good luck.

http://youtu.be/KIS9Hzv--f0
https://youtu.be/fvmTNllcQOQ
Old 03-31-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
gtfoss1986

Test Drove it?

I just wanted to follow up with you guys. I test drove the GZ250 tonight as well as Vn500. Buell blast 500 and a virago 250. I fell in love with the GZ. It was very forgiving compared to the blast. It was more nimble than the VN 500 and far more comfortable than the virago. It had plenty of power and the clutch is very forgiving. I got it up to 60 with a 20 to 30 headwind and 70 is were I said enough. I wanted to say thank you for this forum as I will be using it while enjoying my gz. Are there any issues I should keep an eye on for 2009 model? I can't seem to find any so far. Thanks again

Login or Register to Remove Ads