Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
GZ Jess

I bought a new bike!

Well I found a 2002 V Star 1100 Classic listed on Craigslist for $3000. I went to look at it and when I pulled up it was shining beautifully. We took it to a parking lot and the minute I got on if felt so perfect and the clutch was as easy to pull in as my GZ! I got on and started doing circles in the parking lot and couldn't believe that it handled so easily for the first time I was on it. I felt like I had ridden it a million times before. It had all the bells and whistles I wanted and more including, a windshield, bags, auxiliary light bar, after market air intake, pipes, sissy bar with luggage rack, heel toe shifter, floor boars for driver and passenger and Iso grips. I asked the guy what his lowest, cash today price would be. He heehawed around around for a minute and said okay today only he would part with it for $2600, so it was a deal and I rode her home. She and I have bonded over a hundred miles and I can't help but call her Large Marge.

I had listed my GZ on Craigslist earlier in the week for $1300 to see what kind of interest I would get. One guy had emailed me and offered $1200. I kinda put him off till I had my new bike and made sure no one I knew wanted it. I would have liked to see it go to someone I knew but I couldn't find anyone ready for it. So I emailed the guy at 9 am and said I would take $1200 and he came and got it at noon. He was buying as a surprise for his girlfriend that wanted to learn to ride.

I really appreciate this forum and everyone who has helped me out on it. I have looked for one for my new bike but they just aren't as helpful as this one. You guys rock!

Jess

Login or Register to Remove Ads