Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Miscellaneous

Old 10-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
cspan37421

FS: Aerostich Roadcrafter, 42L

Motorcycle Riding Suit:
Aerostitch Roadcrafter, size 42 long, blue with grey ballistics.

If you’re not familiar with the Roadcrafter, see their website description:

http://www.aerostich.com/roadcrafter-on ... -suit.html

This suit has been worn for approximately 21,000 miles of riding over a six-year period. It is 8 years old – for two years I had no bike and did not ride. Aerostich says “You can expect your suit to last 5 to 10 years or 50,000 to 100,000 miles.” Source: http://tank.aerostich.com/pdf/RCManual.pdf

I guess I don’t ride as much as their typical customer. I believe it should have lots of life left in it.

The Roadcrafter retails new from Aerostich for $818 with ground shipping to where I live in Tennessee. My used one can be yours for $200 shipped.

It has no rips, scuffs, nor is it visibly faded (to me – see pictures). All zippers work, no buttons are popped off (I presume they work too, but I don’t use them). Note that the reflectives are still very effective.

Having said that, it has a dusting of sootyness to it, despite being cleaned in accordance with Aerostich directions. There’s also what looks like an oil spot on the seat. No, it’s not what you think! See pictures to determine if it either has too much of that for you, or just enough to give you a modicum of street cred as a long-distance tourer.

The other downside? Even when new, I have never found the Roadcrafter to be worthy of the term “waterproof.” Sure, it works for awhile, but eventually it yields, just as every Gore-Tex product I’ve owned.

Aerostich offers a $50 cleaning, inspection, and water repellant (sic) service. Maybe they’d get it cleaner and more waterproof than I can. But I’m ready for a different look anyway.

I have every confidence that this suit is the most protective suit out there, short of racing leathers. If you’ve always wanted to try a Roadcrafter but felt that the prices were just too steep, this is your chance to snap one up cheap, complete with sooty street cred.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
cspan37421

Re: FS: Aerostich Roadcrafter, 42L

Sold ... thank you for your interest.