Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Miscellaneous

Old 03-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
b1pig

Icon leather jacket $200...

... shipped to USPS, USA address.

I got it second hand last summer. I dont like it. I find that i'm more of a textile jacket-kinda-guy. it's broken in, only missing one smap on right wrist. leather is NOT torn... snap just separated at the center rivet. should be simple replacement, but i got the wrong snap to replace it with. i havent thought about it till today, but Icon may sent a replacement as a courtesy if asked....
no road rash. standard shoulder/elbow/back CE padding. no liner... but i wore it on a 120 mile ride in January here in GA when the temps dropped into the 40's, I started to feel it on the shoulders a little after the sun dipped below the trees. its a good heavy grade leather jacket. it just feels too big for me once i'm on the bike.

as stated... i got it second hand. i've worn it riding both my bike (ZX7) and the wife's GZ. i think it was intended for a more upright riding position than the ZX7 allows and i confirmed this riding her bike. doesnt wear well on a crotch-rocket. It doesnt fit the wife, either.. soooo....

PM or email.
b1pig@hotmail.com

Thanks!
Billy

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
b1pig

Re: Icon leather jacket $200...

$150?

anyone?

Old 03-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #3
music man

That is a nice jacket, its just money is a little tight for me right now or I would take it off your hands. To be honest with you, you would probably have better luck trying to sell it somewhere where there is a different class of riders, not exactly your typical GZ250 riders jacket if you know what I mean.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:21 PM   #4
b1pig

yea. i have it listed on craigslist, a Ninja forum and a Jeep forum... there are several riders on there, too.

no.
not a "typical" GZ jacket, I agree, but there are owners of more than just GZs here, too.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #5
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1pig
yea. i have it listed on craigslist, a Ninja forum and a Jeep forum... there are several riders on there, too.

no.
not a "typical" GZ jacket, I agree, but there are owners of more than just GZs here, too.

Oh I wasn't getting on to you for it or anything, i was just giving some helpful suggestions to help you sell it. what makes matters worse for me is it is my size AND my style.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Agree. This is a nice jacket.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:02 PM   #7
b1pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1pig

no.

Oh I wasn't getting on to you for it or anything, i was just giving some helpful suggestions to help you sell it. what makes matters worse for me is it is my size AND my style.

lol.....
wasnt taken badly.

i know the feeling... i've owned my Jeep for 3 years and its still on the stock tires. there are 2009 and 2010 Jeeps rolling around on better tires.