Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 03-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #11
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: TU 250 Volty trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
The real solution is to trade it in for a bike with about twice as many CCs; several OF US here have done that.
Fixed it for ya... :2tup:

Some of us still have our GZs though.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #12
alantf

TRADITIONAL fish & chips? Whenever I go back to England, for my holidays, I've never EVER found any that resemble in any way, shape, or form, the fish & chips I remember from my childhood (in the 1950s)

Chips cooked in lard, not oil, & large pieces of North Sea, flakey, cod in crisp batter. Ah for the simple joys of a forgotten era! :poorbaby:
Old 03-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #13
Easy Rider

[quote=patrick_777]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Easy Rider":1i1pbuyc
The real solution is to trade it in for a bike with about twice as many CCs; several OF US here have done that.
Fixed it for ya... :2tup:
[/quote:1i1pbuyc]

WTF. You are going to be the grammar police here too ???

:redflip: :hide:

Old 03-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #14
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Just emphasizing what you didn't... :redflip:
Old 03-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #15
dannylightning

well i will tell you, after i did a few mods too my bike it ran like complete crap had to put in a new jet and change out the needles and all that good stuff. the first few rpm's of each gear it had plenty of power but as the rpm's got higher no torque at all, the engine would just rev up and and the bike was not going. this was after changing my pipes and putting in a k&N air filter. so i took the filter out and rode around like that till i got my jet kit. than it started to get really cold at night here. the bike was running really bad when it was cold.

got my jet kit and installed it, put my k&n filter back in and have never had a problem since. so if the bike was modified at all it just might need a bigger jet but being a big guy on a 250 probably wont help either.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:30 PM   #16
RuffStuff

its totally standard, 8k on the clock, sat in 3 sheds for last 10 years if not longer, got about 3 scratches on it all for the princely sum of £250

I know im not going to have a rocket ship but its defo got a problem happening with 5th gear and the fueling while its up there, im not expecting it to be quick, just to be right n be as quick as it can be for the odd fast road im forced to go on, normal speed the rest of the way is 30 to 50

it was originally got as a winter hack but then the cbr shat its kecks on me so its been pressed into action early and tell you wot i forgot how much fun little bikes are, ive been hacking down gravel strewn wet roads scraping my pegs in 0 degree temps, if id tried that on my cbr id of been in a hedge or need new pants

If i can sort the problem out, maybe someones had a similar thing with there bike then ill be happy knowing im not going to burn the valves out or that something that needs fixing wont break on me

then i was thinking some hand guards, maybe heated grips but unsure if the gen can handle them, a little screen and maybe a rack for it n dual purpose hoops, n i could see myself using it no problem for a good few years, for what its cost me i dont need to sell it
Old 03-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #17
RuffStuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
With a name like Volty, you should just paint it rainbow and hang tassles off the barends.
were not in america here :neener:

it is the gayest name for a bike ive ever come across tho
Old 03-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #18
RuffStuff

ok ive been out on it again tonight and its still doing it, it wont even get to 60 in 5th from an early roll on, ive tried alsorts on it tonight to narrow down the problem but its pulling 110k in 4th no problem

has no one got any ideas for me ???
Old 03-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #19
Water Warrior 2

Have you done a valve adjust and compression test ? The bike is 15 years old, maybe it is just getting tired.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:22 PM   #20
RuffStuff

its all good and very low miles 8k, plus its just in the one gear, hence why im being baffled by it