Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Old 08-16-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
molly

Be Careful Out There!!!

BOY! I learned today that we truly ARE invisible to cagers! I was on my lunch hour from work, had to run into the gas station to get cigarettes. Made it about two blocks from work, when a little old lady proceeded to pull out in front of me. She was at a stop sign, and I had the right of way. Not a big deal, just let her pass, with a toot of my horn. SHE IS a little old lady, after all! Bought cigarettes and left the gas station. There are two exits at this gas station, one at one end of the parking lot, and one at the other. I was closest to the exit on the right, so I made sure traffic was clear, pulled out, and was on my merry way. All of a sudden, a HUGE state truck hauling tree brush pulled out of the left exit, about 6 feet in front of me! I almost locked the bike up trying to stop, but was only in 3rd gear, so it was not a problem. I yelled at the guy (not too nicely) and he just smiled and waved, making me even madder! I noticed he was taking the same route that i had to take to get to my house. We both had to go over a HUGE 4 lane bridge, and I know my bike is way faster than his big state truck. I followed him until it was safe to pass, (both lanes go the same direction, so there is NO oncoming traffic) and then pulled around him. I noticed his window was down about half way, so while passing him, I yelled at him again! (Again, not too nicely). Then, I headed home, in total AWE of how BLIND people can be on the road!!!! Just a reminder that I hope all of us are extra careful while riding. Some cagers seem to treat us like we have "bullseyes" on our backs! SHEEESH!

Login or Register to Remove Ads