Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 03-25-2007, 04:26 AM   #1
KiwiGZ

Newbie from NZ

Hi every one

Wayne here in New Zealand, I am the proud new owner of an '04 GZ250, and also a new rider having just got my motorcycle leaner licence, so I am looking forward to getting out and about on the bike. Mostly I will be commuting to work, but this will sure beat the train and bus! :2tup:

It was great to find this site, I have already fixed a minor problem thanks to Dupo's advice and the owner's manual was a fantastic find, as the previous owner did not have it and I was going to have to buy one. I have now figured out why the bike kept stopping when I got home and went to open the gate - putting the stand down before engaging neutral!! I feel much better knowing all about the bike operation and maintenance.

Access to the service manual will also be extremely useful as well, so thank you again Dupo!

As you can see from the pic, my kids are into the bike as well, just having rides up the driveway for now!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-25-2007, 07:15 AM   #2
Bill

Wayne, Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your GZ250. As you have already discovered there is a wealth of information already at this site. There are two great moderators with a good deal of knowledge and with more members and their experiences we should all be able to keep these bikes on the road safely.

I've been to NZ once (South Island) about 16 years ago and would love to return. We have actually talked about the possibility of staying a few years after retirement coming up in 2012 (wife in 2010). If we're lucky maybe a visit for a couple of weeks a little sooner than that. It would be a beautiful country to explore on a motorcycle and camp if there would be a place to rent cycles.

Cheers!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:55 AM   #3
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
You're welcome! Glad to help. Welcome to the forum and remember there are no stupid questions, except the ones you dont ask!!

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 03-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Welcome Wayne, glad to have you join us. You will have a wonderful time on the GZ. It really is a sweet little bike to ride. I do not own a 250 myself but get to do all the add-ons for Happyhobo here( my Significant Other). She picked up her ride a few months ago just before winter set in so she only got a few training sessions in before the weather turned cold. If I am not mistaken your winters are milder than ours so you will have all winter to ride. Ride safe.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:05 AM   #5
KiwiGZ

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Bill you would love to tour NZ on a motorbike, there is great scenery and the roads are all good, a lot will have been upgraded in the last 16 years, especially in the South Island - that's where I grew-up and my folks still live on the Westcoast. There are a number of motorcycle rental companies in NZ as well.

Yes, the winters here are not too bad Water Warrior, but I have got thermal inserts for my jacket and trousers and need to get some winter gloves, but no snow in this part of the country!

Dupo I checked out your Gallery and I really like your bike, sounds great too!!

Old 03-26-2007, 05:16 AM   #6
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Thanks for the compliment Kiwi. The pictures of the bike will get updated soon as the look has changed a bit over the winter

Added 3" fork extensions, 1.5" rear lowering kit, kuryakyn iso grips, bullet signals, solo seat, mirrors and pegs :rawk:

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook