Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 03-07-2018, 06:49 AM   #1
Roadking

Saddle Bags

Ok since there isn't a fresh post about this topic I'll start one.

I'm looking for saddlebags that fit the Gz250 (mine is a 99). What website or model brand has been tested and tried and found to be true?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-07-2018, 08:02 AM   #2
Razorburns

http:////www.jafrum.com/motorcycle/sd2050

Got these for mine from Jafrum a while back. They are throw over style (took off the rear seat, but them on and put the seat back on).

They work pretty good. The material is plastic faux leather and has begun to split and crack after about a year or so of constant usage. Put new straps on and am still getting my moneys worth out of them.

I recommend them for cheapy bags that you can beat up and not feel bad about.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:00 PM   #3
Vegas Street Rider

Check out Viking Bags. I bought the smallest ones for about $130 seven years ago. They are holding up very well. They came with the mounting brackets and optional saddle bag slings if you want to just throw them over. They have locks and straps with additional locking tabs if you need secure storage. They are also fairly waterproof.

Last edited by Vegas Street Rider; 03-24-2018 at 02:15 PM. Reason: correction
Old 03-07-2018, 02:12 PM   #4
Roadking

Okay!
Thanks for the input. Vegas I have looked at those on Viking. was wondering if they are too small? I do like the lockable aspect though. I don't think I'll be using this bike that much but I do want a place for the wife to stash a wallet and to put other things
Old 03-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #5
derbydave

I put some cheap ebay bags on my bike. I also bought the OE saddle bag supports (Suzuki Part 99950-70534) which cost more than the bags. The size is just right for the GZ and despite the price they are decent quality.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Black-...dYZHV7&vxp=mtr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170728_231546569_iOS.jpg (95.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 20170707_125704227_iOS.jpg (93.1 KB, 26 views)

Old 03-13-2018, 01:07 PM   #6
Roadking

showed the wife the Viking bags she liked the locking feature sooo, they are on the way!
Old 03-13-2018, 06:01 PM   #7
Vegas Street Rider

I don't think you will regret your purchase. They are quality bags and have held up very well for the last 7 years here in the Vegas heat.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:30 PM   #8
Shawnski451

I'm looking at these saddle bags from amazon. I probably wouldn't leave them on all the time but rather just throw them on and use them as needed. I like the fact that you can put them on and take them off with just a couple buckles.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D9NP2BV..._Hb1xCbCNVJ3WF

And they also have this tail bag which is directly compatible with the saddle bags.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D9HXSXD..._qo1xCbVN05F5C

Like I said, I wouldn't leave them on but would use them for packing some clothes and other stuff when I stay out at the cottage.

Looks like decent stuff. Any thoughts?
Old 02-09-2019, 07:04 PM   #9
Vegas Street Rider

Nice looking bags for light weight gear. Just depends on what you had in mind. I put a set of Viking bags on mine, which is a little more substantial and they are equipped with built-in tumbler locks and straps. They can be permanently mounted or slung over the rear seat as well. They are pretty water resistant and have held up well for some 8 years now.

Check them out at Viking Bags. It is the Marauder Thor series. They run about $145.00. More substantial, but I thought you could at least look at other options. Good luck with your search.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:08 AM   #10
Shawnski451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Street Rider View Post
Nice looking bags for light weight gear. Just depends on what you had in mind. I put a set of Viking bags on mine, which is a little more substantial and they are equipped with built-in tumbler locks and straps. They can be permanently mounted or slung over the rear seat as well. They are pretty water resistant and have held up well for some 8 years now.

Check them out at Viking Bags. It is the Marauder Thor series. They run about $145.00. More substantial, but I thought you could at least look at other options. Good luck with your search.

Thanks Vegas. I have actually taken a look at the Viking bags directly because of this post. Definitely considering those. They look like they're nicely made. Do you have any pics of your bags? Its always nice to see things from a different perspective.