Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Old 04-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #41
Easy Rider

Re: Motorcycle Fatalities Down in 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead
I got an idea, lets get the two docs to argue about it so we can get on with the fun stuff!!
There really is no arguement.......or shouldn't be, if everybody keeps things in perspective.
No safety device is perfect and the wise person goes with the odds.

The odds ARE that helmets and seat belts both have an overwhelming positive affect on your chances of surviving a major crash. No rational person can dispute that.

Having said THAT, I also believe that the government has no business forcing individuals to do the smart thing.

There are exceptions. Bringing UP those exceptions does not, however, change the basic facts.......so what's the point of making mention of it in the first place ??????

You can not, or should not, throw something like that into a discussion.....where the only logical expected result will be to stimulate a more "vigorous" debate......and then complain when that actually happens. Right ???

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #42
dannylightning

[quote=music man][quote="Easy Rider":3k7prihb]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "music man":3k7prihb
Yea I am pretty sure that naked woman was his wife.
And just EXACTLY how would you know that ??? :shocked: :??: :biggrin:[/quote:3k7prihb]

Because I think he said it was a picture of his wife, could be wrong and don't really feel like searching for it.

[Edit] There was no mention of who it was, so I guess I was the one having a senior moment that time Easy Rider. :drool:[/quote:3k7prihb]

really ?? :roll:
Old 04-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #43
diffluere

I am pretty sure it says I'm a female under my avatar, and under danny's and easy's it says male. Maybe we should just change all of our avatars to pics of ourselves instead of our bikes =P

Here's my helmet debate contribution:

I don't know how people ride without one. The wind noise irritates me, and for speeds over about 30mph I close the visor. I kinda want a skid-lid for summer so my head doesn't get so hot, but damn its SO LOUD! And then people ride around with no helmets and extremely loud pipes! I like my hearing. The benefits, TO ME, outweigh the risk that I MIGHT hit something that MIGHT cause a helmet to break my neck. Without a helmet I'm going to be pissed off about the noise and the wind in my face, so I'm probably more likely to crash!

I don't, however, think the government needs to tell people what to do. The only thing it really does is piss people off and give cops another reason to give out tickets and earn more money for the government!

Old 04-25-2010, 05:46 AM   #44
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffluere
Maybe we should just change all of our avatars to pics of ourselves instead of our bikes
I pefer Bugsy - one of my rabbits (eyes left!)
Old 04-25-2010, 08:09 AM   #45
Sarris

So THAT'S what that is. I couldn't figure out what kind of animal it is from the avatar.

:lol:

Old 04-25-2010, 08:53 AM   #46
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
So THAT'S what that is. I couldn't figure out what kind of animal it is from the avatar.

:lol:
Ohmygaaaaaaaawd! Don't let him hear you say that! "No Bugsy, not the throat!"

(BTW, he's an Angora )
Old 04-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #47
alantf

And this is Bugsy's friend, Chicho. He's a Belvier rabbit.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #48
mrlmd1

Boy, it's pretty funny on here, you go away for a day or two and the conversation drifts all over the place and conjecture reigns supreme.

FYI, I am quite male, a retired cardiac/thoracic(chest)/vascular surgeon, also with extensive and varied trauma experience, and I speak from knowledge and vast experience, not off the top of my head, and I say it as I see it. You can take it anyway you want, based on your own opinions or experience or hearsay from someone else.
And that pic that I took years ago and posted on the other thread of a woman's silhouette was never mentioned to be my wife or anyone else, it was a pic posted as a joke/spoof on that thread to lighten up the conversation.

Now back to the regular programming.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #49
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
And that pic that I took years ago and posted on the other thread of a woman's silhouette was never mentioned to be my wife or anyone else, it was a pic posted as a joke/spoof on that thread to lighten up the conversation.

Yes I know, I went back and edited my post to rectify my mistake on that one. I thought that you had said that, but I had slept once or twice since then, so I went back and looked, and sure enough, there was no mention of who it was in the picture.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #50
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffluere
Without a helmet I'm going to be pissed off about the noise and the wind in my face, so I'm probably more likely to crash!
They make an accessory called a wind-SHIELD and it does pretty much what the name implies. :roll:

It cuts down on the noise some and reduces the wind pressure and IMPACT of rocks and bugs a LOT......helmet on or not.

Do you have "love bugs" around G'ville ???