Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 07-01-2008, 12:56 AM   #1
davtnn

night ride

I just had the pleasure of riding my GZ at night for the first time... its got a great light ... previous bikes sort of left you in the dark (literally).. but for sucha a small light it really does light the way ... and this opens the door to further rides at night

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-01-2008, 01:11 AM   #2
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
I ride at night a lot lately (get off work at 3am) and I was really surprised at the amount of light the stock headlight puts out. I think the high beam dims a bit too much in the close range, but that is very adjustable.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:20 AM   #3
davtnn

with my C50 i almost had to hire some one to run out in front of the bike witha flash light ... it was scary

Old 07-02-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
trykemike

night ride

The 1 st time I rode at night I thought "man this head light is not very bright " I was wearing sunglasses. After removing them I thought "this head light is really bright high beam is adequate @ 80-90 k/ph.

always bring a pair of clear lens glasses for night riding. I always keep a pair in the tail bag behind the rear seat.

the tail bag fits in the curve on the back fender.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:52 PM   #5
Easy Rider

Re: night ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by trykemike
always bring a pair of clear lens glasses for night riding.
This is not a problem if you have a windshield and/or a full-face helmet !!!

Do you not have "showers" of hard-shell June bugs (Japanese Beetles) up in your neck of the woods ??

If you did you would (likely) never ride bare-faced (or bare anything for that matter) again at night. It's like being hit with a shotgun blast.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #6
samato

I'm surprised to hear that you guys think the stock headlight is bright. I don't have anything to compare with but I find that I need to use the high beam all the time at night in order to feel comfortable with how far ahead I can see. I hope I'm not blinding oncoming drivers but I just don't feel safe with the low beam.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #7
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by samato
I'm surprised to hear that you guys think the stock headlight is bright. I don't have anything to compare with but I find that I need to use the high beam all the time at night in order to feel comfortable with how far ahead I can see. I hope I'm not blinding oncoming drivers but I just don't feel safe with the low beam.
I think that's a pretty common feeling. It might indicate, however, that your light needs an adjustment......so that the low beam strikes the ground a little farther down the road.

Those who ride mostly in an urban environment, with street lights and cars around, will probably be happier with the light than someone who rides out in the DARK countryside (mostly) alone. I can't remember EVER thinking that a bike I was meeting had the high beam on.......although I'm sure a few of them did. I don't think it will be a problem.