Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 05-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #11
minieggroll

Re: Plugs & Bulbs

My neutral light also burnt out. I haven't seen anything on ebay so far though for it

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #12
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by minieggroll
My neutral light also burnt out. I haven't seen anything on ebay so far though for it
It is a standard bulb that you can get at any auto store. :2tup:

Old 05-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
Skunkhome

I don't know about you guys but I can't see my plug or plug lead just casually looking at my bike. I have to get an Allen wrench and remove the head cover. Everyone I meet who is not familiar with the GZ thinks it is a parallel twin. I don't know if there are any motorcycles with two plugs per cylinder but it does exist in automotive and marine engines. So regardless of your vocation and whether or not you think it has one or two cylinders the question as to how many plugs it has is a certainly valid. Not long ago I bought a Ryobi OHC 4 cycle string trimmer and for the life of me I could not find the plug. The manual covered everything from adjusting valves to replacing the timing belt but there were no references to changing or servicing the plug. Even after removing all the readily removable shrouding to access the head and timing belt the plug was no where to be seen. I did not want to go prying on shrouding that had no obvious fasteners visible since the engine was under warranty. As it turned out the little trimmer was defective and pumped the crankcase dry in a matter minutes through a leak somewhere in the head. I returned the trimmer and bought a 2 cycle trimmer instead so I never got a chance to discover the location of the plug. It was very puzzling as there can't be many hiding places in a 33cc engine.

Login or Register to Remove Ads