Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 10-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
alazar14

Have questions GZ250 or Rebel 250?

This is the same post I made in the Honda Rebel forums. I wan't to get both sides. Yes If I put a post about a GZ vs Rebel in a rebel forum Im going to get a bias rebel answer, same here most likely. So I am putting the post on both and drawing my own conclusion from that. so here it is guys.

Just wondering which bike has the highest speed before the engine can get damaged.

I have seen a video of a Rebel doing about 80mph on the interstate which is impressive. Not much info out there for the GZ. Some reviews of it claim it can only reach about 70mph

I also think the Rebel is a bit smaller than the GZ, it seems like 6.0-6.2 are comfortable on a GZ while that size on a Rebel is quite cramped.

The GZ costs about $300-$500 or so more than a Rebel on average used.

From what Iv read they have similar estimated MPG, I am not sure how they calculate the MPG since it said 82MPG on the GZ but most people Iv spoken to who have had one say its more along the lines of 60-65MPG realistically. Is the 82 figure riding like 40mph tops?

Anyway so yeah I guess I'm just asking a list of comparison questions since there's not much info about Top speed and specifics about both bikes.

Login or Register to Remove Ads