Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2009, 12:20 AM   #11
alazar14

Re: Have questions GZ250 or Rebel 250?

The only problem with looking for bigger bikes is the fact they cost more money all around. Iv talked about this situation before hand on many other forums so ill say it here to. My budget is roughly $2600 for the bike used. I don't think I can get anything better than a 250cc with less than 20k miles used for that price. I would have $3200 but that would mean Id be riding with out any gear and only a helmet. I rather have the gear TBH. I basically don't even have the money to buy any tool kits, or even very good insurance. Basically bear bones $240 a year first time rider progressive stuff.

My money basically comes from Grants, Scholarships, and saved money in the last 3 years. I don't really work at all because I study full time and participate in my college's honors research program in psychology. Basically I'm stuck. Unless I can get lucky and find a Shadow or s40 for around $2500-$2600 used with low miles and in good conditions I'm kinda screwed as a student. I also have absolutely no credit to my name and no co signer. So I can't just buy from a dealership and make payments.

Also in California vulcan 500 is not sold so its near impossible to find used. And new.

As I stated before I'm not talking about LONG highway drives, I'm talking maybe 5-10min on the Highway at 65-70 mph. If the Rebel can do it Why couldn't this bike if its also a 250cc Is the engine weaker? Maybe the build quality is not as sturdy or full proof as honda's? Iv read many testimonials of people riding their Rebels at 75 mph for 50+ miles and still getting over 80,000 miles out of their bike.

Login or Register to Remove Ads