Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 05-18-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
MrSkyhenge

Seat suggestions...

New forum member here and returning rider after after a break of many, many years. I was lucky enough to grab a well-maintained 2004 GZ250 to get used to riding again as well as have a fun little bike to cruise around town on.

Anyway...I've looked around the forums and didn't see any recent posts, so I'd like to ask if anyone has any recommendation for a reasonably comfortable replacement seat? I haven't been able to find any GZ250-specific seats anywhere, either, but I might have just been browsing too fast (or something) and missed them.

Thanks is advance!
G

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #2
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, there are no aftermarket seats available for these little bikes. We've had members go so far as to custom order other Suzuki model seats that have the same basic design but to no avail.

Some of the bobber guys have made their own out of springs, sheet metal and padding. You can also recover your factory seat with better foam or a gel insert and then re-wrap in black vinyl for a factory look. People have even made sheep skin covers for these, or shaved the foam to offer a different shape to the booty cradle, but that's about as good as it gets.

There are instructional threads on most of the above-mentioned options over in that part of the forum, so feel free to have a look and let us know what you come up with.