Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 05-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #1
RichInFla

Oil Change - the Good part and the Bad part

The GOOD: Not being mechanically inclined (it ain't a computer !!), I was feeling pretty good about the fact that I was actually able to change the oil, filter, and spark plug (proper gap and everything) this weekend. Ended up using only 4 paper towels and only got a couple of small oil drops on the driveway. Actually had my HD riding neighbor over for moral (and technical) support. As soon as I finished and fired her up, I saw him look across the street and he give me the thumbs up :2tup:

The BAD: I don't know how this happened (actually, yes I do, I have a 4-year old and I'm in Walmart, can anyone relate ?), but I could have sworn I picked up Castrol Syntec 10W-40 full synthentic. I went to put the bottles in the recycle bin, and for some reason (don't know why), I looked at the grade. SHI :curse: if it wasn't 10W-30 !!

I read the previous posts about avoiding 10-30W, and I knew I wanted 10W-40, so much for my great accomplishment

So, do I have to change it again or can I ride with it for a while (I think I know the answer, but who knows, I'm a newbie) ???

Login or Register to Remove Ads