Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 01-29-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
Gunk

Better Wiring Diagram

So long story short, bought a GZ250 from a buddy of mine that picked up a Harley. Rode it for a few weeks, and then instantly started chopping and whacking at the thing to make it more of a fun little bobber for around town.

Fast forward to buying a house, a new job, and a whole lot of other stuff, the thing sits in my garage an absolute mess because when cutting a tab off, I sliced into the wiring pretty severely. Being an electrician who builds fire trucks for a living, this didn't worry me as I work on wiring harness and diagrams 55+ hours a week.

However, the schematic that's given in the manual (or at least the best one I could find) looks like a civil war era letter that's been in the bottom of a wet tool bag for years. So in order for me to better understand and analyze the schematic so I can eliminate 90% of the electric safety features on the bike, I took it upon myself to re-do the schematic IN COLOR so I can modify it to suit my needs.

But what kind of clown would I be if I didn't share this with the GZ250 community so that if anyone else has issues with their wiring schematic, it would be a lot easier to diagnose the problems? Well here it is, not complete yet, but the wires are all there, connected to where they need to go.

I am still slowly adding all the components, as well as the plugs that connect each module. I made this in GIMP, so I do have the .xcf file if anyone wants to try and load it into their software to edit or modify as I plan on doing that same thing.

It's still a bit messy, as a screen shot of the original schematic is behind it, only to use as a guide for the image. Once the entire thing is complete, the original will not be there at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIRING DIAGRAM.jpg (157 Bytes, 26 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-29-2021, 12:57 PM   #2
Gunk

Attatchments aren't working for some reason, so here it is on Imgur.

Old 01-30-2021, 11:53 AM   #3
Vegas Street Rider

Thanks for the great wiring diagram. I'm sure that many who still lurk on this forum will appreciate it. Good luck with your project. Would love to see pics as your project progresses.

Last edited by Vegas Street Rider; 08-08-2021 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-30-2021, 05:52 PM   #4
raddad70

Definitely will use this as a reference. Thanks
Old 02-01-2021, 06:07 PM   #5
Stilkikn

Outstanding!

Thanks Gunk, very helpful!

Old 08-08-2021, 04:02 AM   #6
EddieSC

This definitely saved my ass on my recent build! Thanks for this!