Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 10-23-2020, 01:48 PM   #1
OrlandoBiker

Starts, but only after I press ignition 20 times

Hello all. My 2006 GZ has has a weird issue where it starts, but I have to push the ignition switch anywhere from 5 to 30 times before it starts. I just replaced the battery so that's fine. It didn't have this issue before. Also should note, it does click every time I press down on the ignition switch. Can any of you think of why after I switched the battery it takes several attempts to start?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-23-2020, 07:05 PM   #2
Vegas Street Rider

When you replaced the battery, did you charge the battery. Just because it is new does not mean the battery is fully charged. Slightly lower voltage can make it hard starting.
Old 03-21-2021, 11:28 PM   #3
BabyGoat

Mine started doing this recently, too. I cleaned the carb and it sounds better now but didn't help the starting problem. My theory is that it doesn't like starting in the "cold" (I live in LA, so that's like...50 degrees). If the issue goes away as the weather warms up then we'll know she's just being a big baby about it lol.

Old 07-13-2021, 05:03 PM   #4
FOS

New to the forum and first time posting on any forum. Hope I'm doing this right in the right place.

I've been having this same issue. Just wondering if anyone had figured out what exactly causes this. Any help or reply would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:25 AM   #5
alantf

A bit weird, but I found that when it wouldn't start, If I turned the key off and then back on, it started straight up.

Old 08-06-2021, 06:57 PM   #6
FOS

Starting issue

I know this post is old but i found something out that could potentially be the cause of the issue of the original poster and what I'm experiencing as well. Having to press the start button several times before it starts if you've got spark and fuel and if all the safety switches are working properly; it could be a starter not engaging all the way or worn parts in a starter clutch. Symptoms i believe would be grinding or metallic noise and no start until hitting ignition several times. Hope this helps and maybe someone could verify my suspicion. Thanks.

Tags
starter ignition