Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 10-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Re: Summer riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecr959
Hey Gz

You said "Come on down, y'all to North Carolina. I'll ride as long as the temp stays 30 F or above. Haven't gone a full week without being able to ride."

I would consider settling down in NC. I have a very good friend that I keep in touch with, he's down there in Raleigh just like you. I am single and right now, I'm unemployed. I would move down there right now if I could score a job and a small room to stay.
The job and room would be my biggest obstacle.
Ask your friend about job ops in NC. Can't be any worse than Staten Island and a lot nicer climate. Sounds like you are starting over in life so give it a whirl. Been there done that. What were you doing for a living before ? Even Wally World would pay enough for a room and GZ gas money.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #12
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Ecr,

In the words of Nike, Just do it!

Nothing better than starting from scratch. You'll never learn more about yourself than when you get into situations like that.

I wouldn't even pack. Just go. I'm sure GZ will give you a room for a couple of nights.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #13
ecr959

You know what ? I am going to "look into it" as they say. I just wrote to my friend a few minutes ago. Told him about what I feel like doing. I also found the official Raleigh website http://www.raleighnc.gov and I was just now browsing through it.

One of the very few advantages of being single is that you can pick yourself up and go. I say few advantages because I would much rather have a steady better half than not having her. I'm temporarily inbetween romances right now.

Work and a place for my stuff first, then I can find a honey.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #14
Gz Rider

Old 10-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #15
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecr959
I'm temporarily inbetween romances right now.
I was without a honey for 5 years before meeting up with Lynda and eventually setting up housekeeping. I really enjoyed those 5 years of being alone. I was rarely lonely. More of a relief from 30 years of honeys with their own ideas and priorities which cost me dearly. Spent the 1st couple years just healing and learning to like myself for who I was and got my head straight. Granted I still had a job to attend to and I shudder to think of what I put some coworkers through and they never once threatened to drown me.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #16
ecr959

WW , I'm very impressed with your luck, to find someone like Lynda ,who can share your passion for bikes. I have been married , and I have been single for years and years at a time. With the occasional girlfriend. A man does learn how to know himself better when he lives alone. I am doing serious thinking about this move to Raleigh, thanks to GZ Rider and Jonathan for encouraging me. I already got the ball rolling, told my friend who lives down there what I want to do.
GZ Rider already gave me some wonderful tips about Raleigh , and I have resubmitted my resume to Hewlett Packard and Xerox ,but with the job search in North Carolina.
Lets see , maybe I can take a greyhound bus over there and stay for a week, looking around for work and a room.

I have a passion for shooting pool, I have a few trophies, I've played on teams, I have a collection of magazines, books and DVDs. IF I could find a woman that shows up at the poolhall on a motorcycle, I would be in heaven. haha :2tup:
Old 10-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #17
Water Warrior 2

Well there you go ECR. A little enthusiasm can take you anywhere. Take a Hound ride and look about. A change of scenery might be the best thing for you. Can you pack the GZ in a suit case and still lift it ?? :lol: :lol:
Old 10-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #18
Rookie Rider

Im moving to North Carolina too..... Fuggit.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #19
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Should I start an official board thread about people who want to move to NC, and live with GZ Rider?
Should gz250bike.com HQ be relocated to Raleigh?
Dupo, you listening? The people have spoken
Old 10-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #20
Gz Rider