Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Beginners

Old 08-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #51
fatoldfool

Re: Thinking about life after GZ..already..

Looks like the mid sized tank, and forward controls! Nice sporty. I am again thinking of another sporty and it will be an 883...or maybe a well used 800 Intruder with 24,000 miles...

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #52
vikz250

mostly urban and a little highway, my average speeds is probably 30mph ang i go 40mph on a strech of a bridge but mostly 30mph..I some how hit 50mph from a stop light yesterday because I was trying to pass a cager who I think is not paying attention driving!! and I was only on 3rg gear too, just for a bit to give me some distance from him..
Quote:
Originally Posted by frempath
Just to put a further twist on the issue.
Is most of your riding urban or highway?
If it is urban, a liquid cooled engine might be a better choice than an air cooled engine.
A radiator and fan helps keep the engine cooler at lights and low speed.

With Regards,
Old 08-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #53
vikz250

I like the orange/red looking sporty better than the gray, its newer ,less miles,some add ons and $800 cheaper too..
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsidegz
Hey vik, which do you like better? The first one you posted (what color is that one, gray? silver? I never know). Or do you like this 2nd one better (the red one)? Looks like this second one comes with some handy stuff like a luggage rack and crash bars and maybe even a little more chrome (? --- can't quite tell). But is that other one still available for $500 less ($5,500?). You can probably add the rack and crash bars yourself for less than $500. I think, maybe. Ok, not sure. Well, either way, if you go for one of them, hope the price and financing works out for you! New bikes are exciting.

side note: I rode the GZ to the grocery store for the first time since purchasing the Vulcan today. Still a nice little scoot. But I must say, it definitely felt like I was riding a little scooter (on the GZ) now after putting a couple hundred miles on the Vulcan. But it felt good to be on it again. And I removed the windshield (Hellfire Slipstreamer went on the Vulcan) and I kinda like this new look on my GZ. It's got a nice little mini-Road King look to it. LOL.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #54
vikz250

"customized" my GeeZee..I am looking at getting some decals that can make GeeZee look like the last picture..Ilike the solo seat look it makes the bike look bigger LOL..

This is what I want the color combo to look like..