Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 02-24-2017, 02:46 AM   #21
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Street Rider View Post
Good luck with that!
Thanks, I need it. My main problem is being an old guy with shakey hands. Damage to my wrists years ago make anything precise a real challenge. Trying to solder wires with wrists that shake like a paint shaker is a real frustrating adventure.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #22
Vegas Street Rider

I can relate. The arthritis in my hands makes it tough for me to do some things on my bike that need strength or dexterity.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:06 PM   #23
burkbuilds

I've had the Russell Day Long Seat on for several weeks now and I absolutely love it. I've only ridden about 2 hrs at one stretch so far but when I was done, I didn't have any leg or rear end fatigue and I just got off the bike and walked normally. What a great seat. My son in law fabricated a bracket so I could take the sissy bar OEM backrest and mount it on my drivers seat, it fits perfectly and it is very comfortable and gives me the back support I was missing on long rides. I'll try to snap some pics of the everything tomorrow and post them here.

Old 03-18-2017, 05:54 AM   #24
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds View Post
I've had the Russell Day Long Seat on for several weeks now and I absolutely love it. I've only ridden about 2 hrs at one stretch so far but when I was done, I didn't have any leg or rear end fatigue and I just got off the bike and walked normally. What a great seat. My son in law fabricated a bracket so I could take the sissy bar OEM backrest and mount it on my drivers seat, it fits perfectly and it is very comfortable and gives me the back support I was missing on long rides. I'll try to snap some pics of the everything tomorrow and post them here.
I can relate to a better seat. The CTX had a very wrong seat for my boney butt. I was always fighting to find a good position and was sore after 30 minutes. A Corbin with backrest put me into another world. I just parked my butt down and enjoyed the ride. The Corbin may be almost as hard as a rock but it is the right shape for support and comfort.
Was it worth the price? Yup, for sure. The new bike was actually useless to me before the Corbin.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #25
burkbuilds

seat pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3345.jpg (91.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3348.jpg (87.7 KB, 7 views)

Old 03-20-2017, 12:25 AM   #26
Water Warrior 2

Oh my!! That is a good looking seat. I've heard good things about their seats but never sat on one. Sort of soft and supportive. Thanks BB.

Before I go. Have you had the right side cover off below the seat. On Lynda's M-50 there was room to install a fuse block and 2 or 3 relays.

Last edited by Water Warrior 2; 03-20-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:15 PM   #27
burkbuilds

There is room there, I hadn't thought of adding a fuse block, that's a good idea. I'm loving that seat, so comfortable. I can ride for hours without feeling the need to change feet position or move around in the seat. It is very comfortable. I went for the lowest cost seat they offered and I'm very happy with it. I modeled a seat I made based on their design several years ago and was very pleased with the comfort but my version didn't look anywhere near as nice as the one they made. I've had Mustang seats and they were definitely an improvement over OEM seating but not even in the same ball park as this one by Russell. I'd recommend it to anyone that rides for more than just commuter distances.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:48 AM   #28
Water Warrior 2

Just a couple thoughts on the fuse block etc. You need a flat surface of some sort. I used a piece of plexiglass(it was handy) as a mounting surface and secured everything with 2 sided sticky tape. The plexi is easy to work with and is nonconductive in case there is a serious malfunction. Circuits for heated grips, Stebel air horn, heated grips, driving lights, 12 volt power point, and IIRC 2 more available fuses for future whatevers or a space for spare fuses that is handy.

I am presently working with a Blue Sea fuse block in the CTX which is very nice and well designed.

Something that surprised me with the CTX is Honda has spare fuses attached to the OEM fuse panel cover. Pretty neat idea. That is an idea anyone could use with the help of a tiny piece of sticky tape on almost any bike.