Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf View Post
So....You're the Mekon?
Yes, but are you Dan Dare?

(Johnny Strabbler-The Wild One 1953)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-24-2014, 04:37 AM   #12
alantf

Shhhhh....Don't tell everyone about my alter ego.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:55 PM   #13
Water Warrior 2

So I have a little break in time with the new Shoei. Got a few hours in while watching TV and or messing on the computer. It is a very snug fit but getting better. After an hour the old head feels like it is in a vise. Just a few more hours and the lining should be just right.
Gotta hand it to the design process. The built in grooves for the arms of my glasses are really fine. As snug as the lining is, there is absolutely no pressure felt due to the arms of the glasses. Still a bit of a hassle putting on the glasses initially but that will take practice. Maybe I'm just a slow learner.
Flip up helmets are great. No need to take it off to smoke, have a drink or blow my nose. My last HJC was a flip up but not as well balanced or shaped for my head. Not knocking HJC, it is a great product line with some fine helmets but I never was satisfied with the fit.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-22-2018, 09:33 AM   #14
Vegas Street Rider

Just bought a new HJC half helmet for summer riding. I usually wear a Scorpion EXO900 modular helmet, but with consistent 100+ temps here in Vegas, I needed something cooler. I got it online through Revzilla for $98.00.
My first impressions: Helmet fit and finish are very good. Simple pull down tinted visor is good but could be darker in the intense sun here. I have better peripheral vision with it than with the modular, of course. I ended up buying tinted goggles as the wind drys out my eyes as the visor doesn't really keep it out and I wear contacts most of the time. My one small gripe is that I have to tuck in the top of my ears into the lining but once there I am comfortable. I get great ventilation through it with the rear vents pulling the air through the helmet.
I hope this mini review is helpful.