Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 01-20-2016, 01:17 PM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Street Rider View Post
Sounds like this bike has taken some years off your age. I know mine does that for me. Really happy for you.
Thanks VSR.
Tried to order the windshield late last night and my CC would not work. Could be my usual luck with online purchases. I tend to get some kind of info input wrong. Maybe I should buy stuff online more often to keep in good practice. Gonna buy a movie at Wally World and see if the card is rejected or not. MasterCard just may have flagged it due to lack of use. It has been a while as I usually just do debit purchases locally and use a CC out of town while travelling which hasn't happened for quite a while.
Just thinking back it is likely near 2 years since the CC was exercised.
Oh well, just some minor glitch to overcome and rectify.
Presently waiting for a reply about the LED lights and a firm price for the dimmer. I'll fill in all the blanks for our members once he gets back to me.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #12
alantf

Yes, mastercard can be weird sometimes. I use their debit card, but I've found that on some airline sites (when booking flights) if I click "debit card" it won't accept it, so I start all over again and then click "credit card" and it accepts it, even though it's a debit card all along.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:01 PM   #13
burkbuilds

WW, congrats on the new bike. I hope you love it. I'm sure you are eager to get it home. A thought on the new tires, I always get a cloth rag and some mineral spirits and rub them down really good to remove the mold release coating that is on new tires. This will help them get a grip a lot sooner than just riding alone does. Still, stay off the wet roads until you've got some miles on them. Have fun.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:52 PM   #14
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds View Post
WW, congrats on the new bike. I hope you love it. I'm sure you are eager to get it home. A thought on the new tires, I always get a cloth rag and some mineral spirits and rub them down really good to remove the mold release coating that is on new tires. This will help them get a grip a lot sooner than just riding alone does. Still, stay off the wet roads until you've got some miles on them. Have fun.
Never fear. I plan on being a dry roads rider. When I had the Vstrom I was equiped for wet weather, cold weather with heated gear down to my toes. No matter what, I will likely always have availaible rain gear onboard for insurance just in case. Sunshine riding and some night time riding once I hang some real lights on the bike.
We are being treated to the Vancouver bike show this weekend. I have always enjoyed it so I will probably go. I might be fortunate enough to find some farkles there and use my debit card since my Credit card decided to leave the collective. Tried to call M/C and couldn't even get my info accepted on their system.
If I ever find my shuttle craft and lift off to the Mothership I'm going back to my home planet where everything is free.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:05 PM   #15
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
Never fear. I plan on being a dry roads rider. When I had the Vstrom I was equiped for wet weather, cold weather with heated gear down to my toes. No matter what, I will likely always have availaible rain gear onboard for insurance just in case. Sunshine riding and some night time riding once I hang some real lights on the bike.
We are being treated to the Vancouver bike show this weekend. I have always enjoyed it so I will probably go. I might be fortunate enough to find some farkles there and use my debit card since my Credit card decided to leave the collective. Tried to call M/C and couldn't even get my info accepted on their system.
If I ever find my shuttle craft and lift off to the Mothership I'm going back to my home planet where everything is free.
Take me with you!!!

Old 01-21-2016, 04:59 AM   #16
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine View Post
Take me with you!!!
Totally funny. As luck would have it my CC would not work at Wally World either. Declined, so that is that. I can apply for a new card again at Wally World tomorrow. So I made my purchase with a debit card. And it is about an Alien trying to get back home. The title is "Paul". Funny to the bone.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:26 PM   #17
Water Warrior 2

Looks like I will have two M/C's to play with. Mailed an application for a new card Saturday on the way to the bike show. Later in the day I thought "why not try it again" with the old declined card. Bingo, I won. The card was re-instated abeit a lot later than I was assured.

New Led driving lights are in registered air mail as I type. New Madstad adjustable windshield is also in the mail as of today.

Today is Monday, Wednesday the new bike comes home. Am I excited? You bet. I just wish my stomach would realize excitement is a good thing and settle down.

So much to actually get done before Wednesday. The best part is being in a position financially to do it all without any financing. M/C will be paid off completely when the statement comes in. Bike will be fully mine when I pick it up. My "to Do" list for today and tomorrow is getting longer so I better get my act together pronto.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:00 PM   #18
Vegas Street Rider

Looks like you will have two Christmases this year. Excited for you.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:46 AM   #19
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Street Rider View Post
Looks like you will have two Christmases this year. Excited for you.
Make that 3 Christmases this year. Lynda got me into the habit of saving spare change. Got a bag full of rolled coins. Also discovered the rolled bills I had been hoarding. I knew I had some but not how much. An extra $1500 or so all together. Yahoo!!
Old 01-26-2016, 02:18 PM   #20
Vegas Street Rider

Awesome!