Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 06-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #21
Orpheus

Okay, here's a good one for everyone: does anybody know anything about lightbars? I've seen a few around that would probably work on the GZ, but they're always extremely pricey. I'm thinking about finding some clamps that fit on the fork tubes and adding a couple of smaller spotlights if I can't find a reasonable lightbar. Anybody have any idea what size the forks are? Either that or somebody who makes fairly cheap lightbars that fit on the GZ? I know there are two holes on the bottom of the triple tree (under the headlight) that hold on that chrome piece, and I think that there might be some options for finding lightbars with the same distance between the screws (or is the GZ the only Suzuki product that uses that specific triple tree?). Any info. will be appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #22
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

something like this??

these were some photos that I grabbed of a homemade lightbar on a 650 Savage.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:31 PM   #23
Orpheus

Yes. I'm thinking of something very similar to that, and it might end up becoming another DIY project for a later date.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #24
Orpheus

I forgot about these guys: http://www.customspaan.com/ they have a bunch of stuff that fits the European GZ/Marauder, but I haven't tried them yet and they don't have prices listed in their catalog (catalog here: http://www.multispain.com/CATALOGOpdf/s ... go2008.pdf). They have an aftermarket lightbar that is listed for the GZ as well as an engine guard, saddlebag supports, a rear rack, and a different sissy bar than the Suzuki one (it's shorter with a bigger backrest).
Old 08-29-2008, 02:53 AM   #25
Orpheus

Floorboards

Just bought those floorboards from JPcycles that I mentioned a few posts back. They don't require any modification, but you'll need to figure out how to fit spacers in the mounting brackets when you put them on; I just put a bunch of washers in the excess space. I'll post pictures tomorrow and give a little better description. I like them so far, but I'm going to need to raise the shift lever just a little bit before I take it out on the streets. One of the nice things about these is that they'll lift up if they hit the ground around a corner, which makes me feel a little better about them than some of the modified versions that I've seen around (and they're only around $35).

Old 08-31-2008, 06:46 PM   #26
Orpheus

Re: Parts compatibility/aftermarket items/accessories?

Here's the pics of the floorboards:

As I said earlier, it was necessary to move the shifter up a little bit, and it requires some sort of spacers to make them fit well (especially the passenger ones). Overall, it requires about 20-30 minutes per footrest for install time at first, but after you get it figured out it only takes a few minutes. Overall, I'm extremely happy with them.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:26 AM   #27
blaine

I have h-D foot-pegs & stir-ups on my G-Z very little mod required very comfiey :rawk:

Old 02-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #28
double

hey, if you want a center stand for gz250 maybe u can modified it using center stand from its brother in Indonesia, Suzuki Thunder 250. here's my link at introduction corner for Thunder250 pics: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3025

here's example pics of center stand taken from my bike:

I also have small substitution parts for engine.
1. top valve engine cap

2. magnet engine cover cap

just PM me if u need anything, thank.