Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 05-06-2020, 07:56 PM   #1
kait0sullivan

New Rider: Bike will not start.

First time bike owner here;

I’ve had this bike on the road for not even 1000km, and the thing already won’t start. I’m absolutely not a mechanic but have been doing as much research into this as possible and can not figure it out for the life of me. Shut the bike off at the gas station after work, started it up and went the last 5km home, shut the bike off in the barn and it won’t start. Put the battery tender on overnight and the battery is fine, I have lights and horn, but when I try and start it I just get a buzz from the solenoid. The fuses are fine, tapping the solenoid doesn’t work, and it gets spark when I lay a screwdriver across the bolts. From here on out is where my mechanical expertise is gone. Help!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-07-2020, 03:37 AM   #2
alantf

Try this quick test. At the relay, clip your voltmeter positive lead to the thick cable going to the starter motor, and the other lead to earth. Try starting. if you get a voltage, looks like the relay's ok. Next, do the same test at the starter motor end. If that's ok, looks like the problem might be the starter motor itself.

Tags
buzzing, jump, relay, solenoid, starter