Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 12-28-2006, 07:45 PM   #1
Water Warrior 2

Her bike

:2tup: Just signed up and thought I should say hello. My SO picked up a new 250 just this fall and is really stoked about riding. She has only had a few parking lot sessions so far but is thrilled with the bike. We will both be taking a motorcycle training course in April. I returned to riding in July of 05 with a VStrom 650 but will be taking the course to become a better rider and break some bad habits. lol. Enough about me and on to the GZ250. In Canada it is called a Marauder 250. I guess Suzuki had a lot badges left over after going to the Boulevard line. Does anyone have a better explaination ?? Now off to the rest of the forum to ask questions in all the right places..................Must say I am impressed with this forum. After reading here last night I was impressed with the tone and attitude of members. I hope to contribute and learn in the future...........er starting right now actually. Bob.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-29-2006, 06:16 AM   #2
Badbob

Welcome.

I to am a retread. I returned to riding after more than 30 years without a bike. This time around I'm a much better rider than thirty years ago.

A couple of must have books for you to study while your waiting for you course.

Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well
More Proficient Motorcycling: Mastering the Ride

The VStrom 650 is a great bike. Sort of like a sport touring bike that likes dirt roads.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:09 AM   #3
Bill

Welcome to the forum. My wife returned to riding too. She rode dirt bikes about 30 years ago and was anxious to get back to riding. Dirt bikes were a little too agressive for her now (she's turning 60 in a few days - don't tell her I said that). She really wanted a cruiser to take to work and save on gas. The GZ250 does that job better than anything else on the market and does it in style. We have take a few short trips since the summer and plan on longer rides (300 miles) this Spring.

Enjoy the ride and be safe. The safety course is the best investment you can both have. Before all the chrome extras be sure to ride with some good quality clothes and helmets.

I think you will find the folks here to be very friendly and helpful.

Cheers!

Old 12-29-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Thanks for the welcome guys. We both have all the gear and wear it all the time. Without ATGATT I probably could not enjoy a ride with the thought of even a minor oops and the possibility injuries. Us old folks heal slower. And yes to the Proficient Motorcycling books. Have both and they are a wealth of knowledge and experience. Ride Safe.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:09 PM   #5
Badbob

Sounds like your off to a very good start.

I'm 55 and having a ball with the bikes. I also think I'm a much better rider than I was 30+ years ago.