Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
bpdchief

New Front lights

6-8 months ago I mounted some rectangular LED driving lights down the forks, not to see better, but, to be seen better. I got many compliments from other riders on the way it made the bike standout because of the verticle blue/white light.

WW had sent me a link for some round 4 bulb LED's and I ordered those as spares. Well, last night being a day off and home bored, I got some aluminium flat stock and made a bracket to mount the round ones on the forks like the "big boy's" have on their bikes. The cross piece was 14.750 long with mounting tabs rivited at 2.250 off the center line using the mounting screws for the chrome cover under the headlight.

I'm sure what I consider logical thinking will be bashed and corrected by those who know better. :techy: Based on the formula watts = amps x volts and changing the parameters to amps = watts / volts I'm figuring the 8 one watt LED's = 8 watts divided by 13.4 volts (what my bike operates at over 2000 rpm) is drawing 0.5970 Amps. I'm probably wrong on the math, but, that seems negligible.

OK let the bashing begin :poke2:

Login or Register to Remove Ads