Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 01-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #31
JohnC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf View Post
When you say "no battery", how are you going to start the bike? :confused:
Funny!

I look at the GZ250 and say "No kicker? How are you going to start the bike?"

(We call that feature the "Electric Leg".)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-20-2014, 12:37 PM   #32
suzushee 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Funny!

I look at the GZ250 and say "No kicker? How are you going to start the bike?"

(We call that feature the "Electric Leg".)
lol never heard that one before
Old 01-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #33
suzushee 350

I tried to paint frame with $5 rattle can did not like the outcome so off to powder coating she goes

you can see in this pic the orange peel and over spray from rattle can yuk lol

hopefully by next week I can send her out to powder coating.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #34
Water Warrior 2

Suddenly I really miss a garage for neat projects.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #35
alantf

you CAN get good results with a rattlecan (I did my engine guard) All it needs is preparation, preparation, preparation.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #36
suzushee 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
Suddenly I really miss a garage for neat projects.
Warrior I don't think I could live with out one. what happen to yours?
Old 01-26-2014, 02:15 PM   #37
suzushee 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf View Post
you CAN get good results with a rattlecan (I did my engine guard) All it needs is preparation, preparation, preparation.
very true. I was reading on a site for vintage bikes and back then there was no powder coat for the frames and swinger. They used a epoxy primer with epoxy paint. I even heard at a vintage bike show they will deduct points for a powder coated frame. I have been getting powder quotes for the gz frame but its not cheap to do it right.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #38
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzushee 350 View Post
Warrior I don't think I could live with out one. what happen to yours?
Had a nice well lighted and heated large double garage and home on 6.5 acres. Life's little speed bumps appeared and it all went away. Probably for the best though. A few years later I was retired and living in a much warmer climate. And totally debt free.
Dark underground parking will never be like a nice garage and I have named it the Bat Cave with good reason. After trying many methods of lighting providing light to work on bikes or the Ranger I settled on an LED light that clips to the beak of a baseball cap. Hands free and always pointing in the right direction.
The thing I miss most is having the tools all readily available in a garage and enough room to swing a cat or three. Apartment living isn't for everyone but I do like it in general. So far so good in this location after 8, almost 9 years and I can afford the rent.
With a portable table and tail gate of the truck I can usually keep tools sorted and never loose any. Still looking for another bike to tinker with. Was going to go see a GL 500 Silver Wing but I did not like the last email from the seller. A non answer to a question makes me suspicious and leary about something hidden.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:55 AM   #39
suzushee 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
Had a nice well lighted and heated large double garage and home on 6.5 acres. Life's little speed bumps appeared and it all went away. Probably for the best though. A few years later I was retired and living in a much warmer climate. And totally debt free.
Dark underground parking will never be like a nice garage and I have named it the Bat Cave with good reason. After trying many methods of lighting providing light to work on bikes or the Ranger I settled on an LED light that clips to the beak of a baseball cap. Hands free and always pointing in the right direction.
The thing I miss most is having the tools all readily available in a garage and enough room to swing a cat or three. Apartment living isn't for everyone but I do like it in general. So far so good in this location after 8, almost 9 years and I can afford the rent.
With a portable table and tail gate of the truck I can usually keep tools sorted and never loose any. Still looking for another bike to tinker with. Was going to go see a GL 500 Silver Wing but I did not like the last email from the seller. A non answer to a question makes me suspicious and leary about something hidden.
Yea those bumps in the road suck the financial ones that is. I used to bring my bikes in threw the front door and had a spare bedroom which was my garage lol. Till the wife said no way Jose!! and 2 kids later lol
Old 01-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #40
Goose51683

Funny you guys should mention it, I'm wrestling with making the same decision, stick where I am with a house (that I hate) or move somewhere that I would have to rent. I see the pros and cons of both but it seems like such a counter intuitive step to no longer even try to own a house.

I do worry about where to work on my bike and vehicles. I won't miss working on a house though.