Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 09-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #11
alanmcorcoran

Re: Selling the 2001 GZ to move up. NJ $1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Very often as you threaten to leave, or as you walk out the door, they will call you back and give in.
:plus1:

The most important thing is to NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH THE BIKE. Save that for after the purchase. Always visualize walking, and, practice walking, so it is natural. It really is your primary negotiating tool. Paying cash is good too, that way they know they really have a deal and won't lose it to bad credit. In general, they would just as soon not have your trade, so as someone else said, do all your negotiating first, then mention the trade.

Finally, try to remember that the point of buying something like this is to have fun with it. Yes, you don't want to way over pay, but don't make it a contest your manhood depends on. Personally, even though I am an ex car-salesman, I think endless dickering over a couple hundred dollars is a waste of my time. Do your reseach, pick your price and hit them with it as soon as you get in and tell them you are in a hurry (have to pick up your wife at the airport or something,) and you need a yes or no in five minutes. At five minutes, gather up your stuff and head for the door if you haven't got an answer. If the guy you are dealing with says he can't give you a price, tell him you would like to speak to someone that can or you are leaving immediately. Don't believe any delaying tactics, etc. They know exactly what they can sell every thing they have for. The rest of it is just theater and they are way better at it than you will ever be.

I bought a Honda Fit a month ago in ten minutes. Unfortunately, they had to go get it across town at rush hour and I had to wait three hours to actually get it delivered, but the deal was done ten minutes after I arrived.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #12
Gar

The year of the bikes are 2009.

The Shadow, C50 and C50T are the ones I am interested in and they are in stock. They showed me the V-storm but it was not comfortable for me.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:14 PM   #13
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran

I bought a Honda Fit
??????????????? :??:

Old 09-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #14
Sarris

Alantf, it's a car and called the Honda Jazz in Europe.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #15
alanmcorcoran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
It's a car. It was for my daughter.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #16
mrlmd1

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
It's a car. It was for my daughter.
Yeah, right. :poke2: :roll:
Old 09-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #17
alanmcorcoran

Trust me, if i was buying a car for myself, it wouldn't be a Honda Fit. Here's how it went down: In 1999 I bought a used 1998 Camry w/11K and loaned daughter number one my '92 Camry. She drove it from about 115K to 200K and shot a rod. Replace it with a '95 Camry that had about 60K. She put 140K on that one and, worried it would break down, I swapped my '98 Camry (now at about 70K) for her '95 Camry with the 200K on it. Daughter number one puts in an XM radio. Got a deal on a Chrysler 300 Sport Model with about 60K for $5000 and gave daughter number one the Chrysler and gave daughter number two the '98 Camry (now at about 110K and still with the XM radio.) Somone broke into the '95 Camry, fucked up the window and stole the non-xm-piece-of-shit radio. So, now I am driving a '95 Camry with no radio, no shocks, one boarded up window and one dead window and 210,000 miles. But it still runs. Wife would rather drive the 98 Camry, mainly because it has a radio in it. Daughter number two graduates from college in three years, most of which was on scholarship, and is accepted to grad school. I buy daughter number two the Fit, trade the '95 piece of shit Camry in on it and get my wife back.... the '98 Camry!

PS. About two months after I bought the Chrysler for daughter number one, she sold it, for $5K and bought a new Ranger truck.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #18
mrlmd1

With all the Toyotas you buy and all the high mileage you put on them, you should contact their PR dept about their great reliability, get in a testimonial ad, and they should give you one for free. Yeah, right about that too.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #19
alanmcorcoran

Bought an 88 and the 92 new, and the 95 and the 98 used and the 88 (which was leased) is the only one we didn't drive into the ground. I am curious about the next generation of electric vehicles (Leaf, Volt, etc.) and I'd like to hold on until they either get established or flop before I buy another car. I don't drive much and they might be appropriate for me. I almost bought one of those Nissan 350ZX's cause they looked so good, but they were too much money for what use I'd get out of one. Been looking at the KTM Adventure 990's on line. If anyone can tell me difference between regular and "R" I'd appreciate it.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #20
k1w1t1m

Quote:
Been looking at the KTM Adventure 990's on line. If anyone can tell me difference between regular and "R" I'd appreciate it.
Everything you probably want to know will be here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34