Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 06-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #21
5th_bike

Re: Valves tapping...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
Hey Alantf, I'm not sure about European/British measurements, but here in the US A gallon has 128 fluid oz (4 Quarts)and thus Each Quart is 32 fluid ozs and also is 2 pints, which means each Pint is 16 fluid ozs.
That must be why English & American gallons are different. English 20 fluid ounces to a pint, American 16 fluid ounces to a pint.

I've just checked on the internet, to make sure I'm not getting confused again, & sure enough, English is 20 fl oz.

Just did a conversion check on the internet, as well. 1 US gall = 0.8327 Imp gall, & 16 divided by 20 = 0.8, so the figures seem to work out (almost)
:lol: Whenever I have to do any calculations involving area/volume/length at work, I first convert the imperial/US units to metric, then calculate the answer, and then convert the answer back to imperial/US units :retard:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-30-2010, 01:00 PM   #22
ArizonaKev

Re: Valves tapping...?

We Yanks and Brits sure make it hard on ourselves - and each other - don't we? When I was a kid, I learned the metric system, and although I didn't like it at first, it seems SOOOO much easier to be able to convert to all different kinds of measurements by simply moving a decimal, doesn't it?

I mean, 1000mL = 1L, 100cL = 1L, 10dL = 1L - easy, right, you just move the decimal?

But here in the US, it's 8oz = 1 cup, 4 cups = 1qt, 4 qts = 1 gal, 2 cups = 1 pint, 8 pints = 1 gal.... simple, right! NOT!

LOL! Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the USA. It's just that with my math skills, I am much better at adding or taking away zeroes than remembering all kinds of coversions and adding/subtracting fractions :??:

Ha ha! Ride safe all :2tup:

AZ Kev