Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
tcrave

My Suzuki gz250 just died, need help!!

I was riding my gz250 to work a few days ago and about half way, the bike just dies. I figured I was out of gas because i knew I was running low, so I turned it to reserve and tried again...no luck, wouldn't start. I pulled it off to the side of the road, switched it to PRI for a few seconds, then back to reserve. It kept on cranking over like it wanted to start, but wouldn't. Then, it started leaking fluid. It looked and smelled like oil to me, but then I realized that the oil window was showing full.

So, I rolled it into a parking lot and went to get it after work. When I showed up, I had my gf meet me with a tank of gas. I poured the gas in the tank and tried to start it....nothing happened. The lights would come on, but all I could hear is a clicking sound. Then, gas started to leak like crazy! My buddy showed up with a trailer to take it back to my house, and then we finally figured out that it was leaking from a tube that comes from the carb and only happened when you rolled on the throttle. It spilled a lot of gas, but finally stopped. My buddy and his dad tapped on the carb lightly a few times because they said the floater might be stuck...still no luck.

We got the bike back to the house and I just let it sit on my trickle charger all night. Came back to it the next morning and still could only get a clicking noise....then all the sudden I see a wisp of smoke coming from the engine/carb (not really sure where, looked like from the carb). I let it set for a few minutes, then noticed if I repeatedly pushed the starter button that it eventually would start to crank over.

So, now it will crank over, but still won't start. I checked the oil level and now it is showing empty...yet i don't see any oil spots on the ground.

Anyone have any suggestions??? I am lost...

Login or Register to Remove Ads