Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Old 11-22-2006, 08:46 PM   #1
Badbob

Cuiserworks Commando Boots

I finally ordered some real Motorcycle boots. After months of looking I finally ordered a pair Cuiserworks Commando boots. These have been at the top of my short list for a long time but the $250 price tag gave me sticker shock. There had to be something cheaper that I would like just as well. There wasn't. I don't like Velcro or zippers on a boot. If they have Velcro or zippers they will probably leak. Velcro sticks to everything when its new and wears out quickly to the point where it barely holds on to itself. Zippers break of jam at inopportune times and they certainly leak. I can carry spare bootlaces or buy them anywhere. I can't do this for Velcro or zippers. These boots have laces with strap to hold them so I don't need to tuck my laces. They are water proof. One of the reviews I read about them does what they call a creek test. They go wading in them and if not water gets in they pass the test. They can be repaired with original materials. Motorcycle riding boots are expensive and most are throw aways. Wear the soles out and send them i to be refurbished. You can walk in them.

http://www.cruiserworks.com/

Price I paid was $147 including a can of Cruiserworks boot cream that you have to use to keep them water proof.

I found them at the Dennis Kirk in the Outlet Store.
http://www.denniskirk.com/

Login or Register to Remove Ads