Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Old 08-16-2009, 12:01 AM   #1
burkbuilds

Winter Weather Riding Tips?

I'm starting this thread because I accidentally "high jacked" Tim's thread and so I apologize to Tim and I'm moving the topic over here.

Well, Winter weather riding seems pretty far away when it's hitting mid 90's around here almost every day but Water Warrior asked me what type of heated gear I had purchased and it made me think that he and some other riders have a LOT more Winter riding experience than I do, so here's my question.
"What Winter Weather riding advice do you have to share?"

I got really cold last Winter riding to school when the temp hit 18 degrees F. Most of me was warm enough but my fingertips were very painful after 15-20 minutes of riding. I recently bought some heated riding gear from "Venture" and wired the harness in to my Vulcan 500 in preparation for the upcoming Winter. I got a heated liner for my jacket and heated gloves that plug into the outlet on the liner sleeves. There's a thermostat that controls the heat settings and the outlet is now just below my seat and easily accessible to plug into.
I'm really hoping this works because this year I've transferred to a school out of town and I'm going to have no other options than the bike for transportation all week. So what have you guys learned that you can pass along about cold weather riding?

Login or Register to Remove Ads