Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 02-12-2015, 10:33 AM   #1
tml1138

New GZ250 owner in Ohio

Hello there,

I've actually been registered for nearly three years here, but I've not been here since. I posted questions about buying a 2001 GZ250 that had a mess of a title, and passed on it.

Fast forward to today, I just bought a 2003 GZ250, dark blue, 7800 miles. It runs but it's going to take a little bit of work to get reliably road-worthy. I don't think anything too serious. I had a hiccup with the title on this bike too, but as of today the title is in my name.

The bike is for my wife mainly (but I'll take it for a spin occasionally). Why? Great starter bike and at a price we could afford, and not perfect so no stress if she drops it. We both took the Ohio Basic Rider Course way back in the summer of 2011! I've been out a few times since then on my Vulcan 500, but she's not been out at all since then. Mainly because she's afraid of the Vulcan, because of it's larger size and it's in remarkable shape for the 1994 year that it is. Enter the GZ250. We are both planning on taking the basic rider course over again for a refresher, and now that we both have bikes...should be a great time to "start over" again!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-12-2015, 08:10 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Wonderful to read your post. I like to hear of folks who will refresh their skills before hitting the road. Your wife will love the GZ as a first bike. It is likely the least intimidating small bike for a new rider. Ride Safe.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:48 PM   #3
gz4me +

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the GZ and the forum. There is alot of information on the GZ. If you do not see something you want to know, just ask.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:58 PM   #4
Maggie

Welcome! My sister lives in NE Ohio, Chagrin Falls. This is such a great little bike. I cannot give it up even though I have two larger bikes as well.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:37 PM   #5
tml1138

Update: We took the Basic Rider course over again this past weekend. Although we had to leave a tad bit early and missed some of the final exercises as well as the test for endorsement (although we didn't need it). The instructors were great. At first they reallly wanted us to stay for even the test, but they understood and were glad we came back. Now, ready to ride some! (But I'm working on a few things to get the GZ250 road ready. Very close!)

Old 06-03-2015, 03:13 AM   #6
gz4me +

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted on the work on the GZ. Happy riding!!!!
Old 06-03-2015, 05:22 AM   #7
seohio250gz

Welcome...I am a noob from the bottom of the state.