Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 05-11-2018, 05:22 PM   #1
Byrdman

Idle problem plz help

Hi everybody I'm new to the forum and need a little help so right to the problem i have an 07 gz250 I can go outside choke off and start the bike and it will idle perfect for as long as I don't touch the throttle but the minute I rev up the bike it will stay in a high idle as soon as I adjust the idle back down to normal the bike dies the throttle response is a lil sluggish compared to my brothers Honda rebel 250 with this being said I have cleaned carb I mean really cleaned it with carb cleaner 6 times not even joking I also took off intake boot and checked no cracks or nothing rubbers like new I replaced o ring between intake boot and cylinder head also checked diaphragm looked new no tears or nothing as well as peacock vacuum line tested petcock function works as it should fresh gas the bike has 6k miles on it was owned by an older guy and stored in garage it's entire life which probably explains why the rubber looks new but anyways any ideas?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #2
wacio

I found fuel level on mine adjusted way incorrectly. The problem is that description of the level adjustment in manual is not very clear. It says that carb needs to be up side down and specifies measurement when little arm just touches the valve needle. "JUST" is very important - once you adjust the arm when floats weight is on the valve (incorrect) the level is going to be 10 mm to low and bike will run like crap or not at all.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:27 PM   #3
wacio

Also check the needle jet if not installed upside down and pilot screw is undamaged and adjusted about 2 rev from seated position (seated very gently). Mine from prior owned was jammed onto orifice so hard it broke off and was stuck in it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads