Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 06-26-2007, 07:21 AM   #11
caroledee1

I think you'll be able to relax and really enjoy riding once you have ridden for a while. My daily commute allows me to chill and blow off steam. I have ridden for 30 years now and there is still nothing like the feeling of freedom I get riding! Just enjoy it and safe riding to you!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-26-2007, 07:28 AM   #12
molly

Oh, I DO enjoy riding alot! I seem to relax and enjoy it more each time we go out. I want to start commuting to work, but I am nervous about it. There are two intersections that i need to go thru that are FAMOUS for people running stop signs and lights. There is little chance for an escape if you get into trouble on either of them. I have scoped them out and thought about what to do, and chances are notning will happen. But I want to know what to do and where to go if it does! I live in a small rural town, not tons of traffic, but those two spots are tricky!
Old 06-26-2007, 07:40 AM   #13
caroledee1

I say a prayer every morning leaving home that I'll have a safe journey and give that worry to God. I also watch everyone else and assume they don't see me. Slowing at intersections and just keeping an eye out for the other guy.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #14
molly

Just got home from another success! DH and i wanted to ride today (July 4th), but were a little leary of the traffic that might be out there, since i am still a "newbie". We decided to stay on back roads after coming through town, and there was moderate traffic, but nothing too bad. We rode about 20 miles to a little convenience store where we stopped and got lunch....we ate outside next to the bikes, it was such a beautiful day! Anyhow, the town we ended up in is in the next county! I am so glad, as I did not think i could go that far this soon. Thanks to the GZ250, it was a blast! We had a great ride! My confidence is building up alot! We are going to ride back into town (about 5 miles) tonight to watch the fireworks. It will be my first time riding at night, but i do not think it will be a problem. Just thought I would give you all an "update" on my progress. Gosh! I sure am glad i had the day off today. Happy 4th of July everyone!
Old 07-05-2007, 01:58 AM   #15
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Pretty soon you'll be in the next state :cool:

You might get a chuckle out of this .... my newbie blog when i got the GZ ... http://www.dupo24.com/blog/?m=200605&paged=2 (scroll to the bottom and work your way up). Might not feel so 'alone' with your new experiences

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 07-05-2007, 06:52 AM   #16
molly

Yep, I have the same trouble remembering to turn signals off......Worries my husband to pieces! Made great strides yesterday, and want to ride every chance i get. The addiction has taken hold!!!!! LOL!