Have you thought about being cloned ?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-19-2011, 06:54 AM   #22
SpiritOaks

Re: Used bike prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Have you thought about being cloned ?
Actually YES! (Not seriously....I am not a *bleet-er* or would that be a *baaaa-er*? ROFL Mah name's not Dolly :neener: )

If this gives even more of an idea about me...think Angelina's character in "Gone In 60 Seconds" (although her looks wouldn't hurt either lol)....THAT is pretty much my personality and attitude. :rawk: Hell, my first car was my '69 Camaro...that I helped work on every single time (not just handing the tools over either)! :biggrin:
[center:2upkx24c]Oort Gray Metallic YHG[/center:2upkx24c]
Old 05-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #23
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOaks
There is a very long story behind the one described above...
We've got all day :popcorn: and nothing better to do than sit on the porch listening to other folks' woes. :yes:

Old 05-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #24
SpiritOaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
We've got all day :popcorn: and nothing better to do than sit on the porch listening to other folks' woes. :yes:

:crackup Let me catch my breath from it all and I will give the gory details. :crackup
Old 05-21-2011, 05:30 AM   #25
Strelok

SpiritOaks~

When you first mentioned the couple you were going to
get the Bike from and they would be future Friends
I knew it was going to end badly. So don't
blame yourself. It was all them.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #26
SpiritOaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok
SpiritOaks~

When you first mentioned the couple you were going to
get the Bike from and they would be future Friends
I knew it was going to end badly. So don't
blame yourself. It was all them.

Thanks Strelok!! Well hubby and I are homebodies...and are very picky about who we call friends...so we honestly have NONE...other than less than one handful locally (who we rarely see) and another handful online (who we either have never seen in person or rarely get to see)...so we have been looking to find friends that we can actually spend time with. Our local friends that we currently have are old friends and we've all changed over the years, so the connections are less. I really thought that this couple would be people who we'd get along with, but instead, the hubby and I got along really well (NO not THAT way) since he works in a body shop and I spent years either mixing and/or delivering automotive paint or taping cars in body shops...lots to talk about...and he and I are carefree souls....but his controlling, negative, bitchy, psycho, uber jealous wife could not handle someone talking to him like he was a human being. Even though she spewed from her mouth that she didn't mind him having female friends...horse puckies...she drives them all away because of her accusations. And in this instance she nearly destoyed MY marriage in the process. NOT cool. Michael and I have been together for 13 years and married 11. About 5 years ago we almost split up, but worked things out and since that time have only grown closer...and MORE in love...it blows my mind that two people can be together for so many years and only love each other MORE every single day that passes...I never thought that was possible. That is not saying that we don't have our ups and downs...but we are still together, and still loving each other more as time passes. Yeah gushy I know. lol
The one good thing that has come from this, is that the guy's sister, and her hubby are AWESOME people. Bad part of that though is that they live in the house right across the street (a tiny, dead end, alley sized street) from the "trouble" couple. His sister and I are so much alike, only months apart in age, and her hubby and Michael get along famously! And that is saying a lot...Michael is generally not social :lol: and doesn't like too many people...so when he does, you know there is something really good about that person! :2tup: So I am hoping that once Michael gets his bike, that we can all four go riding together often...that the other couple do what they should have done years ago, and split (yeah not a happy thing to hope for, but it would be best for BOTH of them) and she move back to Ohio (she HATES FloriDuh and FlorIdiots as she calls it...nice eh?)....and we will be okay to even go to their house then.
I am just SOOOOOOOOO happy to have "my own" bike...not the bike associated with that entire nightmarish negative situation. And I am even happier to have found THIS place....'cause you guys and girls are da bomb!! Yeah, you young'uns won't remember that saying :crackup
Old 08-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #27
SpiritOaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
This may be a starter bike for you and in 6-12 months you may get an irresistible itch to move up to a bigger, heavier, more powerful bike.

Howdy Boys! Long time no talkie. You were right on the money with these words. Bought the bike in the middle of May and maybe a month later was already feeling the itch. ROFL I do still have it though and am fervently window shopping for a bigger bike.
I love my little silver GZ, but it is just that...little. From the get go I have felt cramped on it...always riding the tank and constantly wiggling around in the seat trying to get comfy. And stretching my legs out as far as I can in front of me. I rarely sit still.
Hubby ended up with a sexy '03 Victory Vegas and he loves it. The shop that he bought it from has some used bikes and I fell in love with two that they had/have. An '01 HD Springer Softail that has been modded...fits me like a glove...and an '05 Honda VTX1300 in gorgeous pearl apple green....no mods, also quite comfy. I want my legs outstretched and my arms fairly straight...slight lean forward...that took the pressure off of my back immediately.
Recently I have come across one on craigslist that I realllllly like, an '04 Yamaha Midnight Roadstar....modded by a pro, the guy who owns it and painting bikes is his business...he does the "real flames". Beautiful black with blue flames...with touches of purple/green Mystic in them. There are a lot of other goodies too...clean looking and well done. I've not yet seen it in person.
Hubby has it in his head that I also need a Victory, since he loves his, but honestly, his is not comfy to me. The only one I've sat on that was, is the brand spankin' new High Ball...for just over $12k. Not. Worth it? Yes. What I'm budgeting? No. All of the bikes that I have been looking at have been between $3500 and $6500, most being right around $6000.
There are a few other Honda VTXs that have come up, and in fact today one came up identical to the green one at the shop...but 15k more miles, same price, but mods done...and THREE seats to choose from....if I can't get comfy on one of them...I'm a sad case! A few other good mods too.
I've heard people say the VTXs rock. Sarris said he adored his Yamaha Roadstar, and that was his recommendation (and truly is still my first choice). Hubby says NO HDs. After watching some Victory vs HD mechanical breakdown videos on youtube, I have to agree. lol
So much to weigh in on this....LOVE the look of the modded bikes...no back seat...cleaned up lighting, etc, non modded have the back seat (not for a passenger for me, but "things") and can take saddlebags if need be. We are talking about going up to NY next August for Michael's cousin's memorial ride...he says RIDE up...but damn that seems like a reallllly long ride! So, where would I put any of the stuff that I needed? I say trailer up...have the best of both worlds. He wants to ride in the mountains, but why not take the bikes out while we are in them and cruise around a bit, then reload and keep going? Right? Decisions, decisions....
Oh, I have also seen some Kawasakis that I have liked the look of, but he says his Dad had really bad experiences with ones he owned...many years ago...have they gotten better?
And before I forget...the BIG question...again, remember I was a speed demon motorhead in all of my driving years (no, not like stoopid crazy driver on the motorcycle, I'm EXTRA careful on it lol), so I'm not scared of power. Going from a 250 to a 1300, or 1700...or a 1500, if a Victory. Am I crazy for making that jump? I do have the two acres and 400'+ driveway to take baby steps on, back and forth before hitting the road....until I am fully comfortable.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #28
Water Warrior 2

A VTX 1300 !! If that is the one I'm thinking of you had best run away. Most owners and I do know 2 personally got rid of theirs after discovering a big Honda design flaw. They have a built in vibration that is fatiguing and downright annoying.
Victory makes good bikes from what I have heard. My suggestion would be to lurk on different forums and learn about the bikes from actual owners. If they are working on them to keep them running they aren't riding them much.
A modern bike should be as reliable as a modern car.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #29
SpiritOaks

Here's the link to the one that is the same as the one at the shop...

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/mcy/2573270606.html

This is one of the Vics that I DO like:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/mcy/2533810430.html

and another Vic...

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/mcy/2572295136.html

And the one that makes me drool 'til the cows come home...anyone on here buy it out from under me, there will be hell to pay! Muahahahahahaaa!!! This is the one that I am most seriously considering...

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mcy/2552795326.html

and another hot looking one...but just how comfy could it be? Plus it is beaucoup bucks....

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/mcy/2542711456.html
Old 08-30-2011, 11:06 PM   #30
Water Warrior 2

All nice looking bikes you found. Just a personal opinion here and one I stand by with everything on wheels. Don't get a modified bike. Find a nice clean stock bike and change it to fit you and only you. Make it yours. Buying a modded bike is some one else's idea of the ideal bike. My Vstrom is changed for comfort and convenience but no engine changes or appearance changes just for show.
Lynda's bike has been changed for her personal comfort with different bars, drivers backrest, highway pegs, windshield, heated grips and a sheep skin seat cover. Her bike is an M-50 and I do like the way it rides. Suzuki has discontinued the C-90 but some used ones might be available to check out. Bigger and heavier with lots of go power. They are relatively trouble free with low maintenance too. If I could find a new one in a crate I would be hard pressed to keep the Vstrom as it is one very reliable and satisfying bike.