Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 04-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #31
Water Warrior 2

Brought the bike home today. I will attribute the clumsy tall weird handling to my rusty riding skills. Bloody scary to be sure. Topped up the tank with fresh gas so it would be even worse on the road and in the parking area.
Now comes the TLC part of ownership.
Contact cleaner for all the switch gear. New light bulbs everywhere so others can see me a bit better. The old bulbs are dim with age and likely ready to expire soon anyway. Lube all cables, levers, locks, hinges on bags. Gotta get my battery tender back from a friend so I can hook up the pigtail to the battery. Adjust rear brake pedal for my size 12 boots. It is too high and hard to find. Lube the side stand and centerstand. The drive shaft has a couple grease points too. Hopefully the swing arm does too.
Yup, all sorts of stuff to entertain me for a while. I am not in a rush to ride till it gets warmer and sunnier.
Something I never considered is the torque effect of the engine. The bike tries to lean right a little when revved at a stop. This certainly is a different animal compared to what I have ridden before. Should make for interesting times.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #32
burkbuilds

Hi WW. Glad to hear that you are back on two wheels, at least occasionally. I've been without since December (2013) and the weather here this week is hitting 80 degrees and sunny and I'm feeling the desire to be back on two wheels myself. I don't think it will happen this year though, to many other things on my plate and into my wallet at this point. Maybe next spring.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #33
JWR

Good on you WW.
Hope you have fun on a bike again. Just ordered a new set of tires for my bike this afternoon.
We had about 70 bikes turn out for bike night last night. Our weather has turned to spring, so plenty of riding is going on around here.

Good to see you post bb.

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."

Old 04-03-2014, 12:58 AM   #34
Water Warrior 2

I should be out and about in a couple weeks. Haven't told anyone yet so it will be surprise to my friends. After I have done all the TLC stuff I will install the much needed air horn. The original is pretty much dead weight, my alarm clock is louder.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #35
grasshopper

I'm ready to see the pics of it when your done (or have your computer ready).

http://youtu.be/KIS9Hzv--f0
https://youtu.be/fvmTNllcQOQ