Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
alantf

Nothing to do with bikes.

I thought you might be interested in an old Spanish custom. Amongst the Christmas decorations, all Spanish houses have a Belén (the Spanish word for Bethlehem). This is a model of the stable where Jesus was born. One of my hobbies is making them, & if any one sees one of my models, & asks me to make one for them, I use any spare time the following year, making them, out of any spare bits of wood, MDF board, etc. The "gravel" is the grit our budgerigars have, & the "sand" is fine sawdust. I use any old remnants of paint, so they cost me virtually nothing, & I can give them as presents the following year.

This is our Belén.

This is the one I've been working on this year, for one of my grand daughters. She wanted a pond, so I used a scrap of broken mirror.

You might notice a VERY strange custom. Every Belén has a figure of a man with his trousers down, taking a crap! Don't ask me why - it's just one of those strange Spanish customs.

If any of the family in England want one, I have to design them so that they flat pack, to fit in a suitcase. This is one I made for Jan's nephew.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by jonathan180iq; 12-16-2013 at 04:08 PM.