Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 12-07-2008, 08:08 PM   #1
deadman13

Send a message via AIM to deadman13 Send a message via Yahoo to deadman13
48 States in search of Home

Well everyone, the time has come. I always said that if I lost my job for whatever reason that I'd go on my trip around the US, and today it happened. A customer was joking with me in front of my boss, and he got offended and I got canned.

So, heres the plan. I'm going to take my savings and buy a few things i need, and come my birthday (January 20) if nothing has panned out here, I'll finish the prep and take off soon after. I planned this for a while now, and now think its time for some trial and error.

I'm going to keep everyone up to date as far as the trip goes, and I'd like to ask you all for help with whatever you can. (If you have anything you could donate, like a gps, saddlebags etc; thatd be extremely appreciated) When I leave, I'll have very little money to spare, keeping some for the "oh S*#t" fund of a bus ticket/hotel room/food. But I'm going to be relying mostly on the kindness of strangers. I have a theory that society is at its core a nice group of people, and while I'm going to be able to help myself as much as I can, things like showers, hot meals, and help with repairs are going to be infrequent.

And my reasoning is so that I can find a place I feel like is home. I have a freewebs page from when I first planned it, http://www.freewebs.com/tattooeddavid so please check it out and see more details about what I'm doing.
I'd like to meet anyone off here, as this has been the best forum I've come across in a few years.

Thank you all for all your help so far.

Login or Register to Remove Ads